cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28849 - 2FA Number - not receiving messages

AuntieBlondie
I've been here awhile

I just switched to rogers and I am setting up my accounts etc. I am not receiving any 2FA codes from ANY apps using the number 28849. I goggled a bit but the stuff I found was useless - how do I get this solved?! How do I get the number added as a trusted number?!?

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 28849 - 2FA Number - not receiving messages

RogersTony

Hello, @AuntieBlondie

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate you posting your concern regarding short code SMS. I know how important it is to get all of your apps and accounts setup properly. 

Short code SMS providers must be approved by the CWTA. You can find a list of the current short code programs here: https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/.

If it is not on the list then it may not work on the Rogers network. Do you have the option to complete the 2FA verification via a phone call instead?

RogersTony

Sadly that is not an option. I need to get this text message. I just switched from freedom to rogers - a bit disappointed, as this verification is quite important to me. Is there a way to get it to the CWTA "approved" list? There's millions of users within the service itself that uses said authentication, I am baffled to say the least - I can't be the only one stuck.

Update: It is listed in the link you (@rogerstony) have provided. So why doesn't it work?

Hello again, @AuntieBlondie

Thanks so much for confirming that it is on the list. We'll need to escalate a ticket to have this investigated for you. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

JNijjar
I've been around

I am having the same issue after moving from Bell. 

Yes - 28849 is on the txt.ca list. 

Hello and welcome to the Community @JNijjar, thanks for reaching out via CommunityHelps. We're happy to continue the conversation on there :).

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation