cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail number not using the 1 button

MonstorMash
I've been here awhile

When I push and hold the number 1 button - it dials out to another province Alberta - I live in BC. 
I can not find a dialin number for voicemail in BC.

I am concerned that when dialing voicemail and connecting to Alberta that I would be charged for long distance calling.

How do I change the call in number to a BC phone number??

I have tried the 1877 - number where it connects to the USA and prompts me to enter my number - this was not very helpful

Thanks for any assistance

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Voicemail number not using the 1 button

MonstorMash
I've been here awhile

My cell phone started to dial out. The Alberta number was dialed 5 times where the 1877 number was dialed out 4 times.

I have now set up the voicemail number to be the Alberta number - - hope fully no long distance charges will be applied.

Thanks for the help.

Happy New Year

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMoin

Hello, @MonstorMash.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for your post; I can imagine the confusion it may cause when you see the voicemail dialling out a long-distance number.

During the initial setup, when you insert the Rogers’ SIM card and turn on your phone, it will receive all the required APN settings, along with the voicemail retrieval number.

The voicemail retrieval number is assigned based on the voicemail deposit number and the region. The voicemail retrieval number may not be in the area code as your phone number, however, there will be no long-distance charges associated with retrieving your voicemail.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

MonstorMash
I've been here awhile

Hi - thank you for the response.

I have taken the sim card in and out a number of times with no number assigned to the voicemail.

How can I manually put in a  number?

Best  Regards

Mark

MonstorMash
I've been here awhile

My cell phone started to dial out. The Alberta number was dialed 5 times where the 1877 number was dialed out 4 times.

I have now set up the voicemail number to be the Alberta number - - hope fully no long distance charges will be applied.

Thanks for the help.

Happy New Year

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation