cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail - Standard Greeting

CorDawg
I've been here awhile

Currently my voicemail says "you have reached the voice mailbox of "(BEEEEP).

I have no intention of recording anything to the voicemail and it will stay this way otherwise. How do I set it to read my number instead. Literally when I was setting it up it played it back to me and it said "You have reached the voicemail of (then it read my number)" but if I call from a different phone and let it go to voicemail it does not read out the number.

Is this option not available on Rogers?

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Voicemail - Standard Greeting

RogersMoin

Hello, @CorDawg.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. During the voicemail setup, you two options for the greeting, either standard or personalized. Once you accepted the standard greeting, did you press 3 to set up the name announcement? I think this overrides the standard greeting and replaces the recording in place of the phone number. 

I'm using the standard greeting as well; however, instead of the name, I recorded my phone number. 

If you would like to try setting up your voicemail again, we can reset your voicemail. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: Voicemail - Standard Greeting

chooraymond
I've been here awhile

Before, the standard/default greeting would say "You have reached the voice mailbox for ###-###-####, at the tone, please record your message" (or similar). This feature no longer exists. Believe me, I've talked to several technical support representatives and they are dumb-founded themselves.

There have been suggestions by mods to record your phone number instead of your name (as a workaround), but that completely misses the mark! It also does not explain why this feature was removed in the first place.  I switched from Telus (they have the phone number in the default greeting) and its a complete letdown for me at this point 

RogersZia_0-1642559567028.png

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation