cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Unlink Email from my Cell

thenance333
I plan to stick around

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me because I am at my wits end. On my cell phone, I accidently linked my husband's email to my account. I have 3 emails and he has one. I followed the help on how to unlink but it does not let me. It only gives me my email as an option to unlink. One of my 3 emails has a symbol of a key but when I click on that, it says Yahoo Account Key is not available for my account. I go to manage accounts and there is not a list of emails to unlink, only mine. "Use these accounts in yahoo mail' is greyed out. I'm not sure what to do. When I talked to technical support, he tried on his phone and said the option was there. I told him it wasn't on mine, and he said yes it has to be because it is on his. I have a Samsung S8. The unwanted linked account is also showing on home computer email and it still wont unlink.

NH

***Edited Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Unable to Unlink Email from my Cell

RogersMoin

Hello, @thenance333

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. We will do our best to figure out the issue and find the solution for you. Would you please clarify the following;

• what do you mean by "my account"?
  • where do you see the option to "unlink" the account?
  • are you referring to @rogers.com email accounts?

If it's @rogers.com email accounts and you are logged into the Rogers Member Centre then you can add or delete the secondary email accounts but can't link or unlink. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

thenance333
I plan to stick around
I mean my email. This was accidentally done on my cell phone but no matter where I'm logged home computer/cell, on I see his email and can read his email along with my own. Using only Roger's centre.

Hello, @thenance333

Thank you for the clarification. I tried replicating the issue on my phone, I added another email account to my default email account.

In order to delete the added account, you can follow the steps below assuming you are using the stock email client on your S8 phone;

• When you are in the Inbox of any account click on the side menu ( 3 lines on the top left)
  • Click on the Settings (gear/wheel)
  • Under Accounts, select the account you want to remove
  • On the top right tap on the word REMOVE

Alternately, you can delete that account from the webmail. The steps are almost similar;

• When you are in your Inbox, hover over the Settings (gear/wheel) on the top right corner
  • From the drop-down select Settings
  • Select Accounts from the side menu
  • Under Email addresses select the email address you want to remove
  • Scroll down until you see "Remove mailbox"
  • Click Save at the bottom left

Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

thenance333
I plan to stick around
Hello, thank you for your replies and suggestions. Sadly none of these work. I only get my own email address when trying the solutions you suggest. I went to a Roger's Plus store yesterday and they tried for over an hour. Then they called technical support and tried with them for quite a long time but to no avail. Something they said they have never seen before. Thank you though.

Hello, @thenance333

Thanks for trying the suggestions, I'm sorry nothing worked out for you so far. If you could take some screenshots and hide the personal information and upload them here we can investigate the issue a little more. Alternately, you can send the screenshots through a private message to us at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

thenance333
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the thought but you must have misread my latest post. Technical support looked at it and it can't be fixed

thenance333
I plan to stick around
There is no resolution to my issue. Please consider this closed
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation