cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 September feature updates

Sam90
I'm here a lot
Why hasn't Rogers passed on September feature updates which included camera improvement, game mode improvement and other features from Note 10 series. All other carriers like Bell and Telus have updated it to the latest feature update
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 September feature updates

RogersTony

Hello, @Sam90

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 😃

I know how important it is to ensure your devices are up to date. It looks like the S10e/S10/S10+ received the September Security Update on October 1st.

The rollout should be completed now. Were you prompted to do on update on your device earlier this month?

RogersTony

As I already mentioned in my post I already received the security update but I am talking about September feature update which is around 1.2gb in size and includes camera improvements. gam performance improvement. Samsung DeX support and many other features which were seen in Note 10 line and have been packed in this update for S10 series. Seems Bell and Telus and many telecoms in US have passed on this update only Rogers and Fido has withheld it.

daniel10
I plan to stick around
Every canadian S10 doesn't have those features yet and I think it's only out for non north American phones.. (I'll have to check reddit again, maybe the Oct patch for the USA has it)
It's not Roger's its Samsung issue

mobilesupport1
I plan to stick around

which carrier company's Samsung galaxy s10 you have. Bell , roger, telus, t-mobile or at&t. Each of them using custom os with their mobile. So some have released update some do not.

On reddit in the stickied thread on galaxy S10 sub you would see Canadians with Bell and Telus saying they got the feature update and October security update like 2 weeks back except Rogers hasn't passed on those updates.

daniel10
I plan to stick around
Roger's update is the 28th I believe, check in these forums and it shows the update there

Got from Rogers back to school deal. Seems to be Rogers issue since Bell, Telus, AT&T, TMobile and Sprint have all released the update.

Will wait till 28th. But my point wasn't security updates but feature updates to S10 series. In September itself Samsung released 2 huge feature and UI updates for S10 line of phones. The early September feature update measuring 1.2gb in size has been passed on to Telus and Bell customer in the first week of October. So that means either Rogers is slow in passing on feature updates or withholding it.
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation