cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a phone with scratched screen - upfront edge with device protection

friendship7
I've been around

My term is up.  I am unsure how to return phone to Rogers under upfront edge program.  It has a scratch on the screen, but I am enrolled in the device protection program.  Phone has to be returned by 01 Dec.  Anyone have any experience with this?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Returning a phone with scratched screen - upfront edge with device protection

RogersYasmine

Hello @friendship7,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and great question! 👍

Firstly, in order for your Upfront Edge device return to be accepted, your device does have to be received in good physical and working condition. Please see below for further clarification.

What does 'good condition' mean?

Your device is in good working condition when it can power up to the home screen, accept a charge, and have the ability to perform a factory reset. The screen must be functional and cannot have any dark spots, blemishes, broken glass or cracked glass. Please make sure to remove (or turn off) all accounts and passwords saved within the device (i.e., Find My iPhone, Google, Find My Mobile, and firmware passwords). Keep in mind, we will not be able to accept a device that does not meet these requirements or that has been reported lost or stolen. If your device is not in good working condition, you will then need to repay the Upfront Edge amount.

What happens if I damage or lose my phone?

If you’re enrolled in Premium Device ProtectionTM, you can have your phone repaired or replaced through that program (Note: loss and theft are not protected in Québec). Meanwhile, if you’re enrolled in Device Protection LiteTM, you can have your phone repaired. If you’re enrolled in AppleCare+, you are eligible to have your phone repaired or replaced for accidental out-of-warranty damage. Visit our Device Protection plans page for more information about each of these programs and their terms and conditions. Repaired or replacement phones from these programs will be accepted as part of the Upfront Edge program. Otherwise, you will need to pay back the Upfront Edge amount at the end of your 2-year Upfront Edge term (or when you upgrade your phone).

You may also find more answers to other questions regarding our Upfront Edge program here

I hope this helps!

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Returning a phone with scratched screen - upfront edge with device protection

RogersYasmine

Hello @friendship7,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and great question! 👍

Firstly, in order for your Upfront Edge device return to be accepted, your device does have to be received in good physical and working condition. Please see below for further clarification.

What does 'good condition' mean?

Your device is in good working condition when it can power up to the home screen, accept a charge, and have the ability to perform a factory reset. The screen must be functional and cannot have any dark spots, blemishes, broken glass or cracked glass. Please make sure to remove (or turn off) all accounts and passwords saved within the device (i.e., Find My iPhone, Google, Find My Mobile, and firmware passwords). Keep in mind, we will not be able to accept a device that does not meet these requirements or that has been reported lost or stolen. If your device is not in good working condition, you will then need to repay the Upfront Edge amount.

What happens if I damage or lose my phone?

If you’re enrolled in Premium Device ProtectionTM, you can have your phone repaired or replaced through that program (Note: loss and theft are not protected in Québec). Meanwhile, if you’re enrolled in Device Protection LiteTM, you can have your phone repaired. If you’re enrolled in AppleCare+, you are eligible to have your phone repaired or replaced for accidental out-of-warranty damage. Visit our Device Protection plans page for more information about each of these programs and their terms and conditions. Repaired or replacement phones from these programs will be accepted as part of the Upfront Edge program. Otherwise, you will need to pay back the Upfront Edge amount at the end of your 2-year Upfront Edge term (or when you upgrade your phone).

You may also find more answers to other questions regarding our Upfront Edge program here

I hope this helps!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation