cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Plus 5G Access

Richb4646
I've been around

When is Rogers going to offer access to the 5G network for One Plus phones? One Plus sold 10 million phones in 2021. 2023 will be higher as they hit the mark with the One Plus 11 5G. Is Rogers waiting for One Plus owners to move to another provider? One Plus is out selling Google phones in the US, not sure about Canada.

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: One Plus 5G Access

RogersYasmine

Hey @Richb4646!

Thanks so much for posting your concern in the Rogers Community! I realize that the OnePlus devices are gaining a lot of momentum when it comes to popularity! I've heard they have a great battery life. 🙂

Although we do not have any information to share at this time, we definitely appreciate your feedback. 

For anyone interested in learning more about our 5G network, you can click here.

Kind regards,
RogersYasmine

amargill19
I've been here awhile

Hi Rich,

Hard to rely on Rogers or OnePlus to solve your issue - but I am able to connect to 5G with Rogers on my OnePlus 8T:

1. I used the "5G Switch - Force 5G Only" app from the Play Store, install and open. Others have used similar apps.

2. Select your Android version and ignore/close the ad that will appear.

3. Select the drop down for "Set Preferred Network Type" 

4. Select NR/LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA

5. Enjoy 5G speeds

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
It's sad that Canadian carriers try their hardest to discourage OnePlus device use on their networks but Huawei phones are still sold and used across Canada. With OPPO now owning OnePlus, even the US carriers have abandoned OnePlus but those carriers also never sold Huawei.

I haven't used my 8T+ 5G in ages. I absolutely hated the Android 12 update and the full conversion to Comoros for Android 13 had me move on. The creator of OnePlus did start a new company, Nothing, and the Nothing Phone 2 is am excellent device that works well on US networks. I have seen very little feedback for that device on Canadian carriers though and when asking my contact in Rogers as to whether there would be any support for the device. I was met with a clueless response. It's amazing that these people running cellular providers like Rogers, don't even have a clue about anything but a few of the things they actually sell.

amargill19
I've been here awhile

Also note you'll have to repeat this process every time a system update, or security update occurs.

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
My OnePlus 8T+ 5G works on 5G for Rogers and Telus. However, neither carrier will provision the device for VoLTE, VoNR, or VoWiFi. It isn't that they won't work because mine did on Telus for years. There has been a change in carriers aggressively blocking some devices not sold by Canadian carriers to help push customers to buy over priced devices from Canadian carriers with longterm contracts attached to them.

My mother uses her 10 Pro on Rogers and has 5G but for calls, it drops back to 3G because Rogers, just like Telus, would not provision the device. My 8T+ 5G from T-Mobile USA was provisioned on Telus years ago but their aggressive changes to devices not sold by them as outlined by their executive te and a senior network engineer is why I brought out lines back to Rogers.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation