cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile voicemail always saving

Cordanim
I plan to stick around

Hi all, 

Seems that for the last few months when I get a mobile voicemail and go listen to it, and then delete it, it goes to Saved Messages...cannot find a way to turn this off, and it's very annoying. It was never an issue before, and obviously not tied to the device as in December I upgraded - same thing on the new device.

Please tell me I've missed something or inadvertently turned this "auto-save" feature on and hopefully I can turn it off!

Thanks!

Kev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mobile voicemail always saving

Hello, @robii.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I believe the confusion is going back to the saved messages in the same session after deleting the unwanted message.

Say you deleted a couple of messages and if you were to go back to the main menu and play the messages, the deleted message will play again in the list of messages. 

After deleting the messages you must exit Voicemail to delete the messages. This feature allows you to retrieve messages deleted in error before exiting.

After deleting the messages and exiting the Voicemail if you still find those messages in the new session, please let us know.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

RogersZia

Good evening @Cordanim,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, I was able to replicate the issue on an iPhone X. May I know what device are you currently using?

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look at this and create a ticket. You can learn more about our private messaging system here

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

Cordanim
I plan to stick around

Thanks @RogersZia - currently I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G (previously a Note 10+). I will see if I can figure out how to PM in a few minutes 🙂

Kev

Cordanim
I plan to stick around

PM sent (I hope 😋 )

BlueSkiesTruth
I plan to stick around
Cordanim thank you for bringing light to this issue. I have been experiencing this as well for as long as I can remember. Please let us know if you find a fix!

Cordanim
I plan to stick around

@BlueSkiesTruth I now have a ticket and the backend team is trying to figure it out - one team member reset my voicemail, I went in and completely redid it all but that didn't work either. Hoping they can fix this - it's very annoying.

BlueSkiesTruth
I plan to stick around
Thank you for updating with the steps so far. I seem to recall doing the same thing, but ultimately I gave up and kind of stopped checking my voicemails that often tbh. This will be a welcomed fix

Cordanim
I plan to stick around

FYI no response on the ticket so I've poked them again - I really feel if we can't get a voicemail system that works properly we shouldn't be PAYING for it...

allanp
I plan to stick around

I also have this happening. I get a voice mail message. Go into the system to listen to it. Press 7 to delete. Then the system says end of messages, 1 saved message. Start to listen to it again, press 7 to delete. The system then says end of messages. Press the * key and hang up.

Why do I have to delete the message twice?

robii
I've been here awhile

Same here. It's been happening for a long time. Rogers did reset it once and it worked for about a week before the glitch came back.  Still waiting for a fix Rogers!

robii
I've been here awhile

Same here. been happening on my phone and my wife's. I've had them reset, works ok for awhile and then the issue starts all over again.  Why can't this be fixed once and for all?

Hello, @robii.

Thank you for joining this discussion, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I believe the confusion is going back to the saved messages in the same session after deleting the unwanted message.

Say you deleted a couple of messages and if you were to go back to the main menu and play the messages, the deleted message will play again in the list of messages. 

After deleting the messages you must exit Voicemail to delete the messages. This feature allows you to retrieve messages deleted in error before exiting.

After deleting the messages and exiting the Voicemail if you still find those messages in the new session, please let us know.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

jlady
I've been around

I have been having this issue for a long time as well. You go into your voicemail to listen to your message, then you press 7 to delete it in which case it should go back to the main menu but instead, it then says, first saved message, when I never saved the message in the first place, I deleted it. I am deleting the same message twice. This has never been an issue before until a few months ago it just appeared. What has been the resolution to fixing this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like the system isn't going to the main menu properly.  What if you simply press * to exit voicemail after deleting the message using 7.  Does the message still end up saved when you login the next time?  Or is it actually deleted per post 12 of this thread?

mariocia
I've been here awhile

I have noticed this same change in system behaviour for several months now, when it used to work great before.  Is Rogers working to fix this bug?  When we delete a message by pressing 7, it makes no sense to have it place in the "saved messages" section.  If we wanted that, we would have pressed 9.  Thanks for looking into it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mariocia : Did you check out post 14 and 12 of this thread?  Are you saying that if you press 7, and then exit the system (using *), the message is still saved?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
how about trying to press 77? sometimes if u dont want to listen to the whole message you can press 77, also make sure you press * to exit the system, usually indicated by a "goodbye" message

allanp
I plan to stick around

I'd like to re-visit this problem because it is still happening. But I think I figured out how to prevent it.

Do NOT press any other key until the system plays your first voice message. The only key you can press after your pin is the # key to speed up the process of getting into the voice mail. But after that, wait until it plays your message. Pressing any other key after the # causes it to save the message even if you press 7 to delete it after you have listened to it.

I used to press 1 or 11 after the # key because on Bell voice mail that's how you can speed up getting to play the message . But I think that's what is messing up the Rogers voice mail.

mariocia
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the suggestions, I had not realized that there were so many comments in this forum since I posted in it. I will try some of the suggestions, including the one posted yesterday.  Cheers

Every voicemail I receive I have to delete it twice. When I check my VM it'll say one new message. I'll listen to the VM and it doesn't matter if I listen to the whole message or not when I hit delete(7) it says message deleted, it then says next saved message. So, by deleting the message it'll save it at the same time? I contacted support a while ago and they reset something but, it didn't help.

mariocia
I've been here awhile

I've done some testing, and it seems the suggestion by @allanp is correct.  I used to always enter my pin, then #, then 1 to speed up getting to my messages, and now if I don't press 1, it seems to "properly" delete the message if I press 7, then end the call "cleanly" by pressing *.  It still places the deleted message into the saved messages, but once you end the call with * and access the VM again, the message you deleted is really gone.  Thanks @allanp and others that provided input.

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation