cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging shutting down while texting

Amanda4209
I've been here awhile
I was typing to someone and it was not recording what I was typing in the message to send. The app doesn't work after. Have to hit the close button and you lose the whole conversation when it comes back up. Only comes to contact page and not where you were.
Started at midnight.. and receiver just went to USA
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Messaging shutting down while texting

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
What Messaging app are you using? Have you tried a different messaging app, like Google Messages or Textra? Have you tried clearing the cache of the messaging app. You could also try clearing the data from the app but that will erase all of your sent and received text messages.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what phone is this? have you updated your apps to the latest version?

Amanda4209
I've been here awhile
I am using Google messages. I had a yahoo.ca account attached as a backup for my main google account.. I recently had fraudulent banking activities and it did a darkweb search. Thank you Yahoo! My LinkedIn account is on the google account but on the dark web as a Yahoo problem. 3 breaches and not one caught by my Samsung s21 when it was switched from an older android to this one. I don't understand how after the data thefts, new information is appearing on darkweb! I'm going to clear the data. I have a feeling there is a monster in my phone 🤣. I'm tempted to factory reset and give up. Would that get rid of the bad Yahoo problem or is the malware that difficult to find that I should just get a new phone instead of a factory reset.

Amanda4209
I've been here awhile
Samsung s21 FE 5G. I have spent the last 3 weeks only finding out that data was breached from my Yahoo account. The Gmail account affected is the one I use as default on the phone. Contacts... business contacts.. and google messages. Should I switch to a different email address for the contacts and messages from now on? In my head it seems like the account not breached should now be my default email for contacts.. messages.. nothing in that address seems to be acting wierd. Factory reset? Or new phone and email addresses. not using Yahoo of course
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation