cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

highka
I'm here a lot
When would there be Galaxy S7/Edge users receive OTA firmware updates, containing monthly security patch updates? It's still at April security patch level and users of other carriers have been getting June update as early as late May.
Please do not disregard customer concerns or assume that average customers won't notice or care about the updates thus not making complaints about really late updates.
I hope to be receiving updates, hopefully the latest which willbe July update, soon.
210 REPLIES 210

Re: Galaxy S7 Firmware updates

dlouisseize
I plan to stick around

Can anyone confirm the following with the September update?

-Does your VoLTE work just fine? Do your calls revert back to 4G at all?

-Does WIFI calling work just fine? Do your calls go through most of the time?

The last time I updated to the July 2016 update, all these items broke and I was left with a phone that keeps switching to 4G for calls and Wifi Calling & voLTE being useless. I'm hesitant to update to this update yet until I can get 100% certainty from other users.

Calling Rogers proves to be a process each time and no one can ever answer my questions. I would hate to have to revert back to a previous Android version for no reason!

Thank you all!

D

Hey @dlouisseize,

The Patch has been up for 2 weeks now and everything is working fine. We highly recommend you update to the latest firmware to keep your device up to date with security patches from Google.

RogersRoland

bottleb
I plan to stick around
@RogersRoland

Why no Samsung Cloud?
😞

dlouisseize
I plan to stick around
Thanks RogersRoland but are you saying that with certainty as in you own a S7 and your wifi and voLTE calling has been working fine? Google security patches are one thing but I want my service to work the way I expect it. Please confirm. Thanks!!!

bottleb
I plan to stick around
Works like a charm here

skip501
I plan to stick around
Hi @dlouisseize,

I own both GS7 and GS7 edge and I can confirm 100% that WiFi Calling and VoLTE are working just fine since the update. Note that both devices are completely stock and not rooted.

I hope the helps.

Cheers

rutteger75
I've been here awhile
I have the same problem. I got my S7 edge from a Samsung store and had to argue to get voLTE and wifi calling enabled. Since the update, both of these features no longer work. Haven’t bothered calling yet to try to get it resolved.

trav909090
I've been here awhile

Galaxy S7 G930W8VLU2API1 Firmware Dialer problem

Does anyone experience the issue with the dialer on latest Galaxy S7 Firmware -  G930W8VLU2API1

When I make the call, once it is conneced, I get the second dialing in the backgroubnd. Sometimes call disconnects, sometimes other party can't hear me...

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing similar issue?

I called Rogers and they told me they have quie a few cases with this isue. No resoulution thou until next firmware.

Thanks

bottleb
I plan to stick around
Yes. I did get that issue yesterday. Happened a couple of times. Other side answers, and you can still hear the line ringing

trav909090
I've been here awhile

Well this is a real problem. Is Rogers doing anything to press Samsung to resolve this bug?

Does anyone know how to restore the phone to earlier firmware? I use the phone a lot and this is not acceptable.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trav909090

I think Samsung Canada and all the carriers at the moment are focusing with all the higher end problems that the Note 7 is having.

Unfortunately you would have to go on XDA or search on Google how to do that. We cant post how to do that here.

Hua
I plan to stick around
Is S7 Edge going to get Android N upgrade? If yes, and estimation on ETA?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Hua

Unfortunately at this moment there is no information when the update it will come out for the S7 edge. Watch out for more communication on here and check out the " OS Upgrade Schedule"thread for more information when it gets update.

cstl3722
I plan to stick around
Would be great to have a date.. Nougat was released a month ago

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cstl3722

Hopefully soon they add the date for when Rogers will release it. Samsung released the update to the carriers back a month ago but some carriers take time to add their bloatware, test it and make sure all works well.

cstl3722
I plan to stick around
I know this but it would be great if Rogers could be more precise than Coming Soon

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cstl3722

They usually do once the development team is nearly done and had a idea when it will be released on their end.

enrai
I plan to stick around

I'd rather not know the date until it's actually ready.

Last time they update Note5 to Marshmallow, they keep pushing the date back several times and made me, among others, frustrated because of the delays.

AyyLmao
I've been here awhile

How long does it take to test your terrible bloatware apps that no one even uses? Come on Rogers, once again put to shame. Lots of other carriers have it out already but Rogers is behind like usual. I really would like to know the reason it takes so long.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AyyLmao

Which Canadian carrier has released the update?. You also won't get the answer u want here to be honest. They won't give u that. They will only reply saying they are testing it and to make sure it's working or adding something else in it.

Hua
I plan to stick around
US carriers are upgrading US models, Canadian carriers are not yet. I would rather they get it right than getting it fast.
Topic Stats