cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 One UI 5.0... still no eSIM support

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around

Hi,

Received Android 13 this morning and there is still no eSIM support.  Is there an ETA on eSIM support (SIM card manager menu) for Galaxy S20 series? US carriers already have and the hardware is in the phone.

thanks,

**Labels Added**

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Galaxy S20 One UI 5.0... still no eSIM support

RogersCorey

Hi @Mathsss81!

I cannot say for certain when or if support specifically for the S20 will come. 

We currently offer eSIM support for the following Samsung devices:

• Samsung Note 20 series
  • Samsung Galaxy S21 series
  • Samsung Galaxy S22 series
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4

Regards,

RogersCorey

But why has it not been supported for so long? It's not serious, guys. It has hardware and software support from Samsung and only you do cut this functionality out!

Batman_
I've been here awhile
Canada misses out on a lot of features. At this point im just gonna flash the us update since they got esim support on android 13

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around
Exact! We paid for yhe hardware so whybit is not activated period...wiyh Apple it's the same in all country almost. It's like having heated seats but not activated because you are in Canada

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around
You will lose VoLTE and Wifi Calling then

Batman_
I've been here awhile
I dont use wifi calling anyways. VoLTE will be a problem tho. How diificult is it to enable all the features instead of changing it based on countries? Way easier to release the same update than change code based on your country

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around
Looks like they don't want to make it easy when traveling so we are paying the roaming charges

Gaetano1
I plan to stick around
  1. They also promised that it would be available on the Fold 2 within a few months after release. It's been a couple months after that statement (/s) and still no esim in sight. What you can do, if you're comfortable. I flashed my Fold 2 from the Rogers firmware, to Verizon's Android 13 firmware. If you're comfortable, do that. There are a lot of guides on YouTube on how to flash software updates to Samsung phones. Once I did that, I flashed the Rogers carrier settings so I could get my 5G still, but once you flash Verizon's firmware, your esim IMEI will finally pop up. If you need any help message me I can walk you through it. If you decide to do this, there are no downsides.

If you decide to do this, there are no downsides.

Please be careful about giving advice and claiming there are no downsides.

If you flash unapproved firmware, you could void your manufacturer's warranty and could potentially disable network features such as VoLTE. 

As per Samsung's Warranty: "The warranty is invalidated if the defect is caused (howsoever) by misuse, neglect, and tampering or incorrect adjustment." Samsung Product Warranty Information | Samsung CA

We strongly suggest for you to only root or flash your device if you are confident that you understand the risks involved.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around
@Gaetano1 ok will look into it.

I heard that I may have trouble with Samsung Pay ( Wallet). Is it true?

Mathsss81
I plan to stick around
@RogersCorey the phone is more than 2 years old...this is out of warranty already...

The problem is Samsung accepting to remove eSIM support because carriers say to do so. If you pay for it it should be enabled right away. With Apple you have everything enabled in all countries but I don't like Apple. It's like paying for the hardware in a Tesla and paying to enable it... Hoping that One UI 5.1 will enable it. Will not buy another phone for that.

What about pixel 7 / 7 pro
Do you offer esim support on these models

Hi @NatSups,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for joining the conversation. Our current list of know supported devices are:

• iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or later with iOS 12.1 or later
• Google Pixel 3A and Google Pixel 3A XL and later
• Samsung Note20 series, Samsung Galaxy S21 series, Samsung Galaxy S22 series, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4; with Android 12 OS or later

You can check the manufacturer’s website for SIM card compatibility as well.

RogersJermaine

arie515
I've been around

Any plans to add the e-sim, support to Samsung S20 ?

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor

WiFi Calling and VoLTE both work on the US U1 firmware. If the system won't provision it automatically, you need to contact support and have them correct it. My T-Mobile USA purchased s23 Ultra using the U1 firmware works perfectly with Rogers WiFi Calling and Rogers VoLTE. The CSC you should see to make sure the phone is configured properly for Canadian carriers is XAU.

Screenshot_20231215_042349_Nova7.jpgScreenshot_20231215_041644_Settings.jpg

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 in conversation