Cannot Setup Yahoo Email through Gmail App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot Setup Yahoo Email through Gmail App

Gmail Roger Yahoo setup Oreo Pixel 2 Fail 

I cannot setup a Rogers Yahoo account through the Gmail App on my Android Oreo. As soon as I get to the Agree Screen and click the Agree button I get the following:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /?code=XXXXX was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot Setup Yahoo Email through Gmail App

Hi @Ryan0000

Have you tried connecting your Rogers Yahoo acct. through the Yahoo Email App?

RogersDarrell

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes. I have tried every combination of setup possible that I can think of.

The only way I can get it to partially work is by spoofing the credentials by altering the @rogers.com to @rogers.comm and entering IMAP details manually. It works ok until I try send through the smtp. At this point it fails due to the incorrect login ".comm". For some reason the send function in the Gmail app uses the account header name, which cannot be changed. It won't accept the supplied account name. Odd. It appears that the issue is related to the way the Gmail app tries to communicate with the Yahoo system. Skipping around to different site, Rogers, Yahoo etc, attempting to verify different levels.

The process works fine on my older Nexus.
My wife bought the exact same Pixel 2 and the same problem occurs.

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersDarrel

Any more suggestions?

I've Been Here Awhile

I am trying to setup my Rogers Yahoo e-mail account through Google mail on my BlackBerry KEYone running Android Nougat 7.11 and have the exact same problem.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Hello, 

@Ryan0000 - Have you tried Yahoo Mail app yet? I'm able to use Yahoo Mail app to check my @rogers.com emails.

@rlebkowski - Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. Have you tried the BlackBerry Hub to set up the @rogers.com email? Alternately, you can also use Yahoo Mail app to check your @rogers.com emails. 

By default, all the mail apps will try to use the IMAP and it seems it's failing during the authentication process. If you must use Gmail app then you can go to add account/other/manual setup and use the Personal POP3 option to set up the account.  

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

Same problem here, trying to set it up on Samsung S7 on Android 7.0

SMTP worked, but who wants to use SMTP these days?

I'd like to use GMAIL, and access all my email from "max power save" mode. Hey Rogers - that means I'd like to check my rogers email account from GMAIL with IMAP. Why would authentication be failing?

I've Been Here Awhile

I have several email addresses and would like to use Gmail to access all of them. Very frustrating that I cannot do this. Please open a bug report for this issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have added Rogers Yahoo to the Hub and am aware that a Yahoo application is available, but that is not my question; I would like to know why I cannot add my Rogers Yahoo account to my Google mail application. It is like saying have you tried bicycling to work and did you know you can walk to work. I do, but I would like to know why my car won't start because I would prefer to drive.

Hello @racecoach, @Ryan0000, & @rlebkowski,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can appreciate wanting to use the application of your choice for your Emails. As per Post 6 of this thread, you will need to use POP settings to use your @rogers.com email address on the Gmail App. We are currently investigating what is causing the authentication failure using IMAP and do not have an update at this time. Steps to setup using POP settings can be found here.

Regards,

RogersTony