cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons are pressed during calls

BillBux
I've been around

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue? It doesn't happen all the time it seems to happen more often when I'm talking to a female than a male but again, it's very sporadic. Some calls it will happen on, others it wont. I'll be talking to a friend when all the sudden I hear a loud beep. It sounds exactly like when you press a button like say number 4 or 5 on the keypad. I then say to my friend, "Did you just press a button?" they always say no and I'm 100% sure it's not me because my keypad is closed. Again, it's not often, but when it does happen it's annoying because there doesn't seem to be any reason for it. Rogers support doesn't seem to have any answer. Already did a factory reset and a bunch of other things and I still find it happening from time to time.

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Buttons are pressed during calls

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BillBux  When this happens, ask the person that you are speaking with whether they are using a Voice over IP telephone service.  If this is the case, it is (almost certainly) caused by how their VoIP ATA (and possibly their VoIP service provider) is configured that causes DTMF tones to be generated.  The explanation for why this occurs is rather technical, but it has to do with how VoIP needs to handle passing DTMF tones when using high-compression codecs, such as G.729.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation