cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Recording For Authentication WITHOUT CONSENT!

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor

Why is Rogers recording my voice to use to authenticate me without asking for my consent first?  I have never consented to my voice being used for this spe ific purpose and to be told when I called in for the first time in a few months to find out why a feature was added to my line without my permission.  I get told I was authenticated with my voice!  Does Rogers not realize how easy it is to use an AI voice to sound like me?!?  I could call in and use one to sound like any world leader, let alone anyone I wanted to be with ease.  This is absolutely the least secure form of security I didn't t even asked to be enrolled in that Rogers has ever tried to implement while still failing to protect customers account data from the average preteen that is more tech savvy than 99.5% of Rogers Engineering Team!  Who do I need to address this issue with?

***Added Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Voice Recording For Authentication WITHOUT CONSENT!

RogersMoin

Hello, @LordDrakkon.

Thank you for being an active member of our Community; we appreciate your participation and for sharing your expertise.

We offer Voice ID as a convenient way to authenticate your identity when calling customer service. The enrollment for the Voce ID authentication can only be done with the customer's consent. However, it seems we missed this step in your case. We understand your frustration and apologize that you weren't informed about Voice ID beforehand.

While AI voice impersonation is a concern, Rogers' Voice ID system uses multiple factors to verify your identity beyond voice patterns. Over 100 different characteristics make up your voiceprint. These characteristics represent your voice. It is just as unique as a fingerprint. Please check our  Voice ID FAQs to learn more.

We can help you opt out of the Voice ID authentication. Please get in touch with our support at 1-888-764-3771.

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Regards,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation