cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of purchase

Mauricio
I'm here a lot

Ayear ago I got an Iphone for my wife, she tried to restored it but in the process she forgot email and password to . I callreactivated. I call apple and they said that I need the proof of purchase to get help from them. Has been a month and a half since I applied for it, not once, not two times but TREE times I have done it and still waiting. I called Rogers and they said do it again, there is nothing we can do, just keep applying "maybe  there is delay in the prosses). Really!! and I still paying the monthly fee.Man Frustrated

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Proof of purchase

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mauricio

When you upgraded your device, did you do it at the store? If so they should have given u a receipt for it and it should show it on your contract you received which u signed.

If it was over the phone, the same thing but in a email. Do you have those?

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mauricio

When you upgraded your device, did you do it at the store? If so they should have given u a receipt for it and it should show it on your contract you received which u signed.

If it was over the phone, the same thing but in a email. Do you have those?

Hi meowmix, I did it on the phone. Rogers send an attachment(Rogers wireless account change information). I found it two days ago under my files. I just talk to a supervisor from apple this morning, email it to him but he said that is not the proof on purchase. He read it and saw the price, the agreement, etc. Told me that in three or four days a higher rank from apple will send a email reading if they will accept that document as proof of purchase or not. I have to keep my finger cross.

I recall there being a website that we provided where you could get an instant proof of purchase. I can't remember what it is at the moment.

I'm going to tag @CommunityHelps on this for you. I saw someone online via that account right now and hopefully they can see this and try to get you some assistance.

Hi @Mauricio

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

and Thank you @lockdown2341 for the Tag. Mauricio, @CommunityHelps will contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mauricio

Hopefully it all works out!:)

Thank you Meow, I'll let you know in 3 or 4 days

Thank you lock, I got private message from the community team with a I believe is a proof of purchase. I'll let you know the end of this long journey.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mauricio

You are welcome!. 🙂

lisalikesemail
I've been here awhile

Proof of Purchase needed and denied

I need proof of ownership for my phone that Appple will accept, not just a "how to unlock your phone email."

My iPhone has had an activation lock placed on it, and in order to make sure it's not stolen, Apple can't remove the lock without proof that I own my phone (why I cannot remove the lock another way is a longer story; I can tell it if I have to). 

When I called Rogers, they said that because my phone is no longer under warranty, they will not give me proof of purchase to verify that I own my own phone. They said the best they can do is a "how to unlock your iPhone" email, which the apple store does not accept as adequate. 

Because I have two-factor verification, if I cannot get my phone unlocked, not only will my phone be bricked, but I will lose access to my AppleID, with all my data, apps, notes, etc. So even buying a new phone will not solve my problem (if getting me to get a new phone was the motive behind denying my request). 

I don't know why Rogers won't help when they have this info on file. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lisalikesemail

Do you remember if you got a email or a actually copy of the upgrade to the device? If so try finding that and that should help you. I do believe Rogers can not reprint the contract as the device is out of warranty which means it's past the 1-2 years warranty on it. I always take pictures or photocopy them just incase this does happen.

@CommunityHelps is there anything that can be done by you guys to provide the proof to Apple?

My best advise is to reach out to office of the president Roger's communications.

My best wishes for you to resolve the situation.

lisalikesemail
I've been here awhile

I don't understand what you mean when you say "Do you remember if you got a email or a actually copy of the upgrade to the device?"

I was sent an email that had instructions on how to unlock my iPhone. The email had my phone's IMEI in it, but not the purchase information. 

If I had the original proof of purchase, I wouldn't be asking for Roger's help. Obviously it would be better if I had not lost it. 

I don't need the whole contract printed, just something that connects my name to the IMEI, so that Apple knows that I own that device, specifically. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lisalikesemail

When you first got the device from Rogers, if you went to the store they had you sign a contract or if u did it over the phone they sent out a email with the contact showing the IMEI and serial number of the device u upgraded too including your name, address and phone number. That's what I meant.

Unfortunately even if Rogers provides paperwork that shows just the IMEI number and name it doesn't confirm that the device was yours or bought by U. The contract only shows that as it shows date of purchase, name, address, IMEI number and serial number which is tied to you.. I can buy a phone and have Rogers add the IMEI number on my account but that means nothing as its not bought by me from Rogers and show proof of that. That's all.

It anything contact Rogers and speak to the manager. See if they can do anything for you. If that fails your last resort is the Office of the President. But before you do all that, speak to and see.

Hello, @lisalikesemail 

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. We can only resend the Proof of Purchase for the most recent IMEI on the account.

We can look into your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Kdot1
I've been here awhile
I have an iPhone 6s and forgot the user name and pw when I reset it and apple said I need proof of purchase in order to get it off

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kdot1

Do you have the contract you signed which has the device on it? If not Rogers may be able to pull it however it may come with a charge.

Contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do for u!

Kdot1
I've been here awhile
The phone is unlocked and I don’t think it came with a contract

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kdot1

Did you buy it from the Rogers store unlocked? If so then unfortunately they won't be able to backtrack the proof of purchase. Sometimes their systems may be able to if you paid by credit card.

I need assistance with this. Can I private message you?

Hello @jvisut12!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post!! 👍

We'd certainly like to assist you with your Proof of Purchase concerns as best we can. In order to provide you with the best possible solution, we'll need a bit more information from you. 

- How did you make your purchase? Was it over the telephone or through Live Chat? Or did you go into a store?

- Is this Proof of Purchase request for the most recent device used on your wireless line?

- What is the reason for the Proof of Purchase Request? (Warranty Claim, Brightstar Claim, Device Return, etc.).

Once we have some more details, we'll be able to point you in the right direction to get the help you need. 😊

Cheers!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats