Proof of purchase

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Proof of purchase

Hello @lisalikesemail

Do you remember if you got a email or a actually copy of the upgrade to the device? If so try finding that and that should help you. I do believe Rogers can not reprint the contract as the device is out of warranty which means it's past the 1-2 years warranty on it. I always take pictures or photocopy them just incase this does happen.

@CommunityHelps is there anything that can be done by you guys to provide the proof to Apple?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My best advise is to reach out to office of the president Roger's communications.

My best wishes for you to resolve the situation.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't understand what you mean when you say "Do you remember if you got a email or a actually copy of the upgrade to the device?"

I was sent an email that had instructions on how to unlock my iPhone. The email had my phone's IMEI in it, but not the purchase information. 

If I had the original proof of purchase, I wouldn't be asking for Roger's help. Obviously it would be better if I had not lost it. 

I don't need the whole contract printed, just something that connects my name to the IMEI, so that Apple knows that I own that device, specifically. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lisalikesemail

When you first got the device from Rogers, if you went to the store they had you sign a contract or if u did it over the phone they sent out a email with the contact showing the IMEI and serial number of the device u upgraded too including your name, address and phone number. That's what I meant.

Unfortunately even if Rogers provides paperwork that shows just the IMEI number and name it doesn't confirm that the device was yours or bought by U. The contract only shows that as it shows date of purchase, name, address, IMEI number and serial number which is tied to you.. I can buy a phone and have Rogers add the IMEI number on my account but that means nothing as its not bought by me from Rogers and show proof of that. That's all.

It anything contact Rogers and speak to the manager. See if they can do anything for you. If that fails your last resort is the Office of the President. But before you do all that, speak to and see.
Highlighted

Hello, @lisalikesemail 

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. We can only resend the Proof of Purchase for the most recent IMEI on the account.

We can look into your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an iPhone 6s and forgot the user name and pw when I reset it and apple said I need proof of purchase in order to get it off
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kdot1

Do you have the contract you signed which has the device on it? If not Rogers may be able to pull it however it may come with a charge.

Contact @CommunityHelps and see what they can do for u!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The phone is unlocked and I don’t think it came with a contract
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kdot1

Did you buy it from the Rogers store unlocked? If so then unfortunately they won't be able to backtrack the proof of purchase. Sometimes their systems may be able to if you paid by credit card.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I need assistance with this. Can I private message you?