cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port-in Start.ca voip to Rogers cell phone

misneachm
I've been here awhile

Hi all,

Believe it or not, I've gotten my first cell phone. I'm in the process of trying to transfer voip and internet from Start.ca to mobile and internet with Start.ca. I could use some confirmation that I'm doing this right, please.

Received new modem and phone with temporary number. Have not installed new modem as didn't want to mess up current voip. Know not to cancel services with Start.ca. Did the transfer phone number to Rogers on Aug. 27 online. Status changed online to Fallout, with failure stated in Anna. Called number to provide account number. First time, was told it was still in process. Called again, and they had wrong service provider, they did a new request. They didn't ask for my old account number.

With the long weekend coming up, this being my first cell, and currently paying for 2 phone numbers and 2 internets, am I on the right track here? 

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Number port-in Start.ca voip to Rogers cell phone

misneachm
I've been here awhile

*mobile and internet with Rogers, I mean.*

RogersMoin

Hello, @misneachm.

We're thrilled you joined Rogers and our Community! Congratulations on getting your first cell phone! 

Have you made any progress in transferring your phone number to Rogers? We have detailed the process -Transfer your existing Canadian phone number to us online - Rogers. You can check eligibility and attempt the transfer by signing in to your MyRogers.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

misneachm
I've been here awhile

Hi! Thanks for the message. I have read the info. Currently, it's stuck at pending and the request date keeps renewing, from Aug. 27, to now at Aug. 30, along with the last updated date. I really hope this works out soon. Enjoy your long weekend!

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation