cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely disappointed in Rogers Customer Service

-Alien-
I've been around
This morning I placed a new order with a new plan, but everything went wrong, same situation as two years ago when I went through . just upgrading for a new phone. Rogers system deleted my apartment number from my shipping address at the time and could not be fixed, after 3 lengthy calls and 2 failed chats, I had to go to a store to retrieved the phone, today when I placed my order I was very careful with my shipping address, even taking screenshots where I can see my apartment number before clicking on the check out, but to my surprise the darn Rogers system sent me a confirmation email with my address without my apartment number AGAIN, now I’m going through the same issues as two years, tried the chat twice, the first was closed for no reason, the second time I was number 50 in the queue, I decided to call, waited for a while and then I got the most incompetent customer service representative with an I-don’t-care attitude who tried to blame me for the mistake, even when I offered to send him my screenshot with the right address, he declined, saying that he could not help me until the phone was ready to ship, there was no empathy, no I’m sorry for this situation, there was no let me try to help you, nothing! No one at Rogers knows why their system keeps deleting my apartment number, now I want to cancel my order and move to Bell, this situation is unacceptable, why our government doesn’t allow other cellphone companies to come to Canada so we can enjoy at least decent customer service, we need to dump Rogers and have more options,
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Extremely disappointed in Rogers Customer Service

LordDrakkon
I'm an advisor

The reason the government doesn't allow other providers, like T-Mobile was  supposed to come back in 2011, is because Rogers and Bell cried to the Federal Government saying, they would not be able to complete and Canadian's would lose their jobs as a result.  A complete crock considering most of Bell it outsuirsed overseas anyway for their call centres.  The duo-opoly where they scratch each others backs still exists to this day to keep Canadian's paying some of the highest cellphone prices in the world.  

The one way to avoid having the system drop your apartment number is to format your address differently.  As an example:  Apt. # - your address or your address, apt #.

Re: Extremely disappointed in Rogers Customer Service

RogersZia

Hi @-Alien-,

Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate the details you've shared, it's really odd that your address doesn't save correctly in the order. Did any of my colleagues recommend you to speak to a sales return/exchange line?

If you could please reach out to us via private message, we'll be happy to look into this for you. Click here to get started. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation