cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumers can't get a copy of the contract???

Ghost23
I'm here a lot

I'm a new client of Rogers for their Gigabit Internet service after being offered a promo by one of their sales agents. It's been exactly a week since Rogers' tech came to install everything. However, I usually receive the contract/agreement right after the installation (my experience with Fido) in my email. I never did (yes, I've checked my spam folder as well).

I called Rogers on several different occasions and talk with different agents (after waiting for AT LEAST ONE HOUR per call) One of the agents even told me bluntly that I can't get a copy of my agreement (???) I need to read what I signed up for and the promo details that were offered to me !!

This is a joke right?

So I did a simple Google search and this comes up from  Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission  (CRTC) in their Internet Code :

1. Provision of contract

1. A service provider must give the customer a permanent copy of the contract and related documents, in the format of the customer's choosing (electronic or paper) and at no charge, in the following circumstances:
    1. if the contract is agreed to in person, the service provider must give the contract and related documents to the customer immediately after the customer agrees to the contract; gold
    2. if the contract is not agreed to in person (ie if it is agreed to over the phone, online, or otherwise at a distance), the service provider must,
      1. where the customer chooses to receive a paper copy of the contract, send the contract and related documents to the customer within 15 calendar days of the customer agree to the contract; gold
      2. where the customer chooses to receive the contract electronically, send the contract and related documents to the customer no later than one business day after the contract was entered into.

And to this post published date, it's definitely more than one day.

Please send me a copy of my agreement to the email you have in my account. 

PS: to other members, this code also outline what's the max internet providers can charge for cancellation fees.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Consumers can't get a copy of the contract???

RogersCorey

Greetings @Ghost23!

If you still have yet to receive a copy of the agreement and it hasn't landed in your junk mail or filters, we can absolutely look into this for you.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Consumers can't get a copy of the contract???

Why there’s no pdf url to download all necessary files without the need to go through failing support wasting hours on the call for something what must be automated without a human involved?
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation