cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers won't be taking my shaw mobile history into account?

vvllaadd99
I've been here awhile

I went to transfer my account as I've been hounded by calls to do so the last two weeks, only to find a credit check is required. I filed for bankruptcy 5 years ago, my credit report is terrible. Yet I've never missed a single payment in my many, many years with shaw. Now apparently there's problems transferring my second line as I'm "only eligible for 1 line?" And here I was about to get a payment plan for a new phone as the one I had was just paid off the other month, and shaw said they'd let me once it was. This sucks, I guess no new phone for 2 more years when my bankruptcy finally ends.
   The phone guy did say I'd have to call back in two days as they need to "force pass the credit check", but this is terrible, I just hope my phone can last the two years, its battery only lasts about a single hour when in use... Not to mention my credit being checked may hurt my already bad score.
   Dunno if my rambling here will solve anything, but at least it lets me vent a little.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers won't be taking my shaw mobile history into account?

RogersJermaine

Hi @vvllaadd99,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for your first post here!

We are happy to have you join us as Shaw and Rogers come together, and we appreciate your feedback on your current situation.  We do hope that once you connected back with the support team, they were able to provide you with some further assistance.

If you have any other questions, please check out this FAQ posted here.

Thank you again

RogersJermaine

vvllaadd99
I've been here awhile

It wasnt actually required for me to transfer??

Let me sum up my experience
-I get harrassed by calls from people with hard to understand accents for 2 weeks
-they say "It's mandatory", so I'm worried if I don't do this I'm going to lose my services (a very affordable 16/month plan, and a $0 plan for my father so I can keep in touch with him"
-I find free time, call in, initiate the transfer
-my credit check fails (no wonder, i filed bankruptcy 5 years ago)

-they say they can only transfer one of my two lines at the moment, and to call back in a few days so their credit people can "force through" an additional line.

-I finally call today, exactly one week later, and they say that's not a thing, I can only have the one line

-phone guy continues to say "once your first billing cycle goes through, you could call in and  try a credit check again and we may be able to do it then" (yet again probably not, considering my bankruptcy)

-then I google looking for anythings saying im required to transfer immediately, and only find people talking about it not being fully set up yet, and a user @Hmm saying "As an update. A hard credit check is required only for those customers who migrate (early) voluntarily. Once the voluntary migration window expires, accounts will be migrated automatically withOUT a credit check—source: CSR manager. "

-additionally I found a link to the FAQ (https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Together-with-Shaw-Knowledge/Migrating-your-Shaw-mobile-servic...) and it says contradictory things:

("I have multiple lines on my account and want to wait until we are all together to transfer my lines.

All Shaw Mobile customers must transfer to Rogers to avoid disruption to their mobile service.")
and ("Note: all your Shaw Mobile lines will need to be transferred at once.")

This better not have hurt my credit even more, I've been very careful of maintaining it until my bankruptcy ends in 2025. And now I don't even know for sure if the literally $0 dollar plan I got so my father can have a phone line will still be there. Was I not supposed to transfer immediately? What is going on??
I have received the first sim card, should I even activate it? am I just screwed at this point?

Hello, @vvllaadd99.

Thank you for sharing your experience. While we make every effort to make the migration seamless, there may be occasions we encounter unforeseen challenges. Please know that we are committed to resolving any issues that may arise and ensuring that your transition is as smooth as possible. Please Connect back with us so we can revisit your second-line migration. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

RogersMoin

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Credit check is required because they are treating rogers and shaw as separate companies for now since the systems are not yet integrated.  Once the systems become integrated, you will not require a credit check.

Yes you should transfer your line however will it go dead right away if u do not do this? probably not.  you probably have some time to do this so it should not be treated as a rush

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They are still treated as 2 separate companies and they use 2 different billing systems, so yes your history will not cary over. im sure in the future they can make it so your credited for your history when you are switching from shaw to rogers aka intrabrand port

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation