cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received call offer 40% off Rogers internet services 437-524-8424

jenniferzhang01
I've been around

I have received a call to my cell phone, claim to offer 40% off for my current internet services. When I started to question his legitimacy, and ask the business number,  he give me the call back number of this 437-524-8424. 

I'm now pretty sure this is a scam and just want to warn anyone who may got the same call. 

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: received call offer 40% off Rogers internet services 437-524-8424

RogersZia

Hi @jenniferzhang01,

Welcome to the Community!

It is getting increasingly harder to differentiate between a valid call and a scam one. I always encourage our customers to exercise caution when sharing personal or financial information over the phone or with unknown callers.

You can also contact Rogers to find out if an outbound call was made on your account. We can verify based on the notes on your account :).

RogersZia

RedB
I've been here awhile

I received a phone call from (416) 907-0727 claiming to be from Rogers Promotions.  

They told me that as a "loyal customer" They were willing to offer me 40% off my monthly bill for the next 2 years with no obligation.

The call was immediately suspicious as I could barely hear the person talking to me over the shouting of other people in the background.  I've never heard another voice in the background of a call to Rogers Customer Service.  

When they told me they needed to verify my email address I asked why and she hung up on me.  

I googled the phone number and came up with nothing but I did find a Reddit post about them taking this "confirmation" information to call into Rogers themselves and impersonate you.  They will then order products like a new phone etc and have it shipped to a different address.  

Spoiler alert:  You do not get 40% off your bill.  I hope this helps others.   

RedB
I've been here awhile

I also got this call but from a 416 area code number.  

Apparently they ask you to confirm your account details to put through the discount, then THEY call Rogers pretending to be you and use that confirmation data to order hardware and have it billed to your address.  

RedB
I've been here awhile

I mean...  its automatically suspicious that "you" would offer 40% off for no reason.  I doubt that would ever happen, least of all from a very noisy call center.

Sanj2
I've been around
I received a similar call, accidentally gave my address and now I’m concerned

Tempsie
I've been around
Had this happen to me today as well. I gave them my work email (as it has virus protection. They said it has to be the one connected to the account I asked why, you have my information? They said no sorry we are just a promotion call center and do not have access to that.
I was suspicious because of the 40% and the lack of understanding as to how Roger's works.
They offered me 40% and 100 gb data. I said ... I have unlimited, why would I want that. She said, it's the same They just need to put a number down. In what world!
Then she increased it to 120 gb ... Did you hear me ... UNLIMITED!
OK you can have unlimited. When I agreed to the 40 % I got passed on to a 'Supervisor' ... I must have the email account associated with the account. Why?
To make it work and so we can tell Roger's for the promotion to work.
I said fine, email me at my work account and I'll forward it to Roger's...
That won't work he said ...
OK then call me back. And I hung up! No call back ... not legit I was close but something didn't feel right ... 40%
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation