cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misinformation on Credit Card Application

vnsomaiya
I've been around
Hi,
I was having a chat with CSR on Rogers website regarding my Home Internet and during this they said that I have an offer for Rogers Credit card for which I am pre-approved. To which they mentioned there won't be any credit checks as I already have an account with Rogers. I had the same conversation next day with another CSR and only then I agreed to apply. A couple of days later I get a notification that there has been a hard inquiry on my file by Rogers bank and when I called the support number, they said that the CSR had given me wrong information and this inquiry cannot be removed. I have transcripts as proof too where CSRs mention there won't be any credit check. This to me is very wrong and I would like to know how do I get this resolved.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Misinformation on Credit Card Application

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @vnsomaiya!

I understand that your credit score is very important. In a situation such as this, it would likely be best for you to contact our Rogers Bank directly for further support.

You can find their contact info here: https://www.rogersbank.com/en/contact_us 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Misinformation on Credit Card Application

SwimSnowTimmy
I'm here a lot
This sounds familiar. It doesn’t hurt to raise a dispute with transunion and send ALL documentation you have regarding this. However, because it’s a “different” lender it may be more difficult to get this reversed, but it doesn’t hurt to try. Send ALL your transcripts with the dispute form, but make copies incase. All the best!
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation