cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INFOPROTECT SCAM- Rogers Bank Credit Card

stanbec
I'm here a lot

Firstly, I never thought to post anything here. Oddly, after posting a warning about my experience on Reddit, a Rogershelps post suggested I post here to get help. Why they didn't just direct me to a person at the company that could assist is beyond me, but let's see...  I'll start with the post which summarizes the issue, and then the message I sent to the Rogers Ombudsman. Bear in mind that I tried to solve this directly with both the Infoprotect people (2x) and Rogers Bank prior..

---I noticed two charges on my card from this company on my card today and called them. In broken english they told me that I had signed up..which I DID NOT.

I called Rogers Bank and they seemed familiar with this complaint and transferred me to Infoprotect again after explaining they could stop this charge and return all funds charged. When they answered it was clearly some sort of offshore business/call centre. I explained and they litereally didn't listen and kept suggesting they can explain. Claimed I had enrolled by phone a year ago... I told them I had never enrolled and asked that they cancel it immediately and refund all charges. They refused and even had the audacity to suggest they were going to charge me for another half a month after cancelling.

I have never in my life agreed to a paid protection program of this sort, never received any communication from them by email or otherwise, and only noticed it because there were two charged on one bill. I never would have enrolled even if they had said it was free from a phone solicitation. I hadn’t paid much attention in the past as I thought it was my phone protection program Rogers was billing this way..

Undoubtedly some unscrupulous phone person registered me after Rogers provided my number and they looked up my email, which while they never sent me anything from, they had on file.

I have gone to the Rogers Ombudsman as there seems no easy way to address it with someone who looks into fraud at the the credit card.

Check your statements. How Rogers can work with a company like this to gain extra revenue is ridiculous. If not resolved I will be cancelling my card.

Note to Ombudsman-

I noticed two charges on my card from this company on my card today and called them. They were unable to tell me how they singed me up and stated I had joined them 12 months ago.

I called Rogers Bank and they seemed familiar with this complaint and transferred me to them again after explaining they could stop this and return all funds charged.  When they answered it seems to be some sort of offshore business . I told them I had never enrolled and asked that they cancel it immediately and refund all charges. They refused and even had the audacity to suggest they were going to charge me for another half a month after cancelling.

I have never in my life agreed to a paid protection program of this sort, never received any communication from them by email or otherwise and only noticed it because there were two charged on one bill. I should have noticed it prior I suppose  I never would have enrolled even if they had said it was free from a phone solicitation. I hadn’t paid much attention in the past as I thought it was my phone protection program.

I would respectfully request you reverse any charges even put on my card by this company that your credit card seems to support.  They are not reputable and the only such service I have ever agreed to are ones provided without cost after company privacy breaches.

I strongly suggest you review your relationship to this company but my priority is having you correct this fraudulent activity. I believe other credit card companies withdrew support of this company for similar issues.

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: INFOPROTECT SCAM- Rogers Bank Credit Card

RogersTony

Hello, @stanbec

Thanks for posting your concern in our Community.

I can understand how disappointing this entire ordeal must have been for you. We'd like to look into this for you and see what can be done to get this resolved ASAP. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

2kb
I've been around
I have the same issue that i figure out just right now and they charge me twice for this month. I never ever registered to this info protect but they keep charging me every month

Greetings @2kb!

My name is Corey and I'd like to help you find an answer to this concern about Infoprotect today.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Jordomordo
I've been around
Back in may 2020 I attempted to cancel this service. I was responded to with a request to provide more info so they could cancel my account. I promptly provided them with the correct info. I awaited a response for quite a while. Charges kept coming onto my card and I made multiple attempt to reach them. I had not one response since may 2020. It is now November 2021. I have records of my communications and attempts at communication. I had all but given up when I stumbled across this posting.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation