cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Received for Presidents Cup Winner

hockeymomjaf
I've been here awhile

Received a phone call from a gentleman and then an email advising us of being a winner selected to receive 2 tickets to the President's Cup for this Sunday Sept 29th - is this legit.  Trying to call Rogers for confirmation with no success in being able to talk to anyone.  

Email address is: info@teamrogersevents.com 

Enclosed in the email is the following note with a waiver attached that is requested to be signed and returned.  

It was great speaking with you and thank you for choosing Rogers!

We are so excited to inform you that you have a won a pair of tickets to the 2024 Presidents Cup at The Royal Montreal Golf Club on Sunday, September 29th, 2024.   

Please complete, sign, and return the attached waiver as soon as you can.

Once we receive your signed waiver, we will work with Rogers to get you your tickets. Keep an eye out for updates. Congratulations again!

Have a great day!

Thanks,

Rogers Events Team

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Email Received for Presidents Cup Winner

Lex_Giorgio
I plan to stick around

I got a call back from 514-995-0088 stating the same thing (but for a different date).

They knew I entered the contest and confirmed my information (Name, address and email) over the phone (I did not give out anything).

The email is from: info@teamrogersevents.com

I received the same email as you by the way.

And they're asking you for your Full Name, Address, Phone Number and Email address. All of which they confirmed on the phone.

They're not asking for any I.D. information (i.e.: Driver's License, SIN, etc.) nor payment information.

Looks legit, I filled it out.

If it's real, congrats!! If it's not, then they didn't gain any new information 🙂

Edit:
Once you reply back, the second email is:

Thank you for sharing this through. Please keep an eye out for your tickets!

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Rogers Events Team

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Congrats on winning the free tickets.   The only downfall I can think of about this is having to drive all the way to Montreal to use these tickets.  5 hour car drive + gas + hotel accommodations + meals, so much for free. $$$ will add up pretty quick

Mtl_hustle
I'm here a lot
Same here! Must be a scam. How can we all win tickets when the prize is 1 set of tickets…plus the draw is tomorrow. I sent the waiver back also, they didn’t ask for much info!? Weird ..

Lex_Giorgio
I plan to stick around

I'm almost certain I had to select a date when I entered the contest. And they confirmed that date over the phone today.

The grand prize is for 1 winner only. I know I didn't win this one.

The link in the email no longer works (the one sent from: rogers@e.rogers.com)

https://rogersfanzone.com/presidentscup

But this link works (for the grand prize):

https://rogersfanzone.com/presidentscup2024

Grand prize details:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You may enter the Contest between 12:00 a.m. on September 12th, 2024, and 11:59 p.m. on September 24th, 2024 (the “Entry Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted. All times referenced in these Official Rules are Eastern Times. To be eligible to enter this Contest, an individual must be residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority as of the date of entry. For Prize Entry, go to rogersfanzone.com/presidentscup2024 to enter. There is (1) grand prize available to be won in the Contest, consisting of four (4) tickets to the 2024 Presidents Cup, Round-trip economy air transportation for winner and one (1) guest, three (3) night hotel accomodations and one (1) $600 Prepaid visa card. The grand prize has an approximate value of three thousand five hundred dollars (CDN $3,500). Actual value may vary based on prize particulars. Transportation to and from the event location and all other costs associated with the prize are at the winner’s and guest’s expense. Correct answer to skill-testing question required to be declared a winner.

Rogers Communications, 333 Bloor St. E., Toronto, ON, M4W1G9 | www.rogers.com/contactus

Yes he mentioned my date also, but I’m assuming they just hacked the contest entry list.. not super hard to do. But again, why only ask for such little info and a signature? What is scary is that we spoke on the phone.. AI is getting smarter

Lex_Giorgio
I plan to stick around

Did you get a call from the same number this morning?

I just entered the contest for the main prize and it gives the date that they'll contact the winner.
I didn't save the screen for the first entry to see which date was written (for when they'll contact the winner).

1.jpg

Yes, same number

Lex_Giorgio
I plan to stick around

Ok, let's see what happens!

Found one mistake in the form that we were asked to fill out:

"PRINTING FULL NAME CONSISTUTES SIGNATURE"

Lex_Giorgio
I plan to stick around

I just called back the number and spoke with Matthieu. He said we should receive the tickets today or tomorrow by EOD (End of Day).

Ok hahah… this is so weird. Let’s wait and see, I guess…

Mtl_hustle
I'm here a lot
So I just got a email from ticket master with 2 tickets, I accepted them but they don’t seem to be showing up on my TM account?? I’m scared this is some kind of scam.. anyone else get them?

Lex_Giorgio
I plan to stick around

I just got the tickets as well.

They're under am.ticketmaster.com (Account Manager) which is probably why they're not showing up on your personal Ticketmaster account.

The tickets even came in from:

PGA Tour Tickets <noreply@ticketmaster.com>

It's not a scam and if it is, it's quite elaborate!

Hi everyone,

For your own personal safety, please keep your seat numbers private.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Received tickets. It's legit.

Lex_Giorgio
I plan to stick around

I just came back from it today. What an experience!!

Hope everyone enjoys it and congrats to all the winners! Thanks Rogers!!

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 in conversation