cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door to door sales legit?

awball
I've been around

A pair of sales people came to my door today, I assume they are from a third-party company. I signed up for a really excellent Internet package, and when they checked my Rogers account via my phone number To complete the sign up, they were able to access my info on my Rogers account, which felt legit. Then he noted that they needed my ID to complete the registration or sign up because I didn’t have any on file.

I just want to confirm that this is standard protocol because it made me nervous.

The email of the person who helped me is Oswinxxxxxx.xxx@rci.rogers.com

Thanks!

**Labels Updated**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Door to door sales legit?

RogersJermaine

Hi @awball,

Thank you for joining us here on the Rogers Community Forums. We appreciate you taking the time to inquire about your most recent experience.

We do want everyone to ensure they are taking the correct precautions when it comes to their personal information. When activating services, we would need two pieces of identification to complete the transaction, and the representative taking your information should have their respected Rogers identification visible for you to confirm who they are.

From the email address you have provided, I can confirm for you that the representative is an employee, but if you do have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation