cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door to Door Scam?

meeshfactor
I've been around

Does Rogers do door to door sales? Had A guy come to my door today and offered me a good deal on tv and internet. Is was like $75 a month for the same thing as I pay $140 with bell. Said it was some kind of promo. Seems too good to be true so I didn’t give any info out.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Door to Door Scam?

WaterMercury
I've been around
Hey, I do door to door for Rogers, and that is currently one of our promotional prices for select locations, assuming you are within the parameters of our qualifications.

Unfortunately, you probably lost out on that deal unless you are able to contact that representative back. We are always willing to verify ourselves at the door through our employee ID and processing websites.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Zrhb34
I've been around
Had the same thing in Cambridge, ON - can a moderator please confirm if these individuals were acting fraudulently?

Hello, @meeshfactor & @Zrhb34.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for being diligent and posting your concern in the Community. Our field sales reps may have incredible exclusive offers, which may sound alarming. We'd be happy to confirm the rep's ID so you can benefit from fantastic deals. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps with rep details. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin 

WaterMercury
I've been around
Hey, I do door to door for Rogers, and that is currently one of our promotional prices for select locations, assuming you are within the parameters of our qualifications.

Unfortunately, you probably lost out on that deal unless you are able to contact that representative back. We are always willing to verify ourselves at the door through our employee ID and processing websites.

Is there anyway to opt out of door-to-door marketing?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I put a "No Soliciting" sign above my doorbell.  If someone rings or knocks, I just point at the sign and close the door gently.  Most people respect the sign.

BOATTOP
I've been here awhile
Rogers does NOT do door to door sales. This was just verified on the National News re Xmas scams.

Greetings @BOATTOP!

That is incorrect. We do employee field sales agents that do door to door sales.

Never feel pressure to take the deal on the spot, our salespeople will give you time to review the offer and call us back.

If you are questioning the offer, end the conversation. You can then follow up with our customer service team by phone or online, or visit a retail location.

We encourage anyone who believes they are a victim of fraud or worried they may be targeted, to report it to us here on the forums, via social media on Facebook/Twitter, the Rogers customer care line at 1-888-764-3771, the Fido customer care line at 1-888-481-3436, or the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Friar5
I've been here awhile

I had a door to door rep offer me a deal. He was supposed to supply credits but never did. I have been in contact with rogers several times and they still have adjusted my bill. Can't be trusted.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 in conversation