cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door to Door Internet Promo

puporj
I've been around

Live in Pickering, Ontario. Had a gentleman supposedly from Rogers come to the door and offer me a 60 Mbps internet plan with unlimited bandwidth for 39.99 a month, no installation charge or modem rental fee. When it came time to verifying who I was, he asked for two pieces of ID and said he could not verify me using my phone number through his iPad even though I'm a Rogers customer, so we told him to leave. Is anyone at Rogers aware someone was going door to door in Pickering for this? Occured around 6:45 pm on Dec. 10th. Thanks!

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Door to Door Internet Promo

RogersMaude

Good evening @puporj,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I can definitely imagine how concerned you must have been following that sales representative visit to your door. In your situation, I would want to confirm that I was speaking with an actual employee too.

If he was not able to retrieve your existing account using a phone number, it can be because these agents use different tools than customer service does.

Did he give you a business card, name, contact number or email address?

We would love to check out that promotional offer for you and validate if the representative is indeed one of ours. If you wish to discuss things further or send us the representative's information, please do so via private message. You can learn how to send a PM, here.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RogersMaude

Good evening @puporj,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I can definitely imagine how concerned you must have been following that sales representative visit to your door. In your situation, I would want to confirm that I was speaking with an actual employee too.

If he was not able to retrieve your existing account using a phone number, it can be because these agents use different tools than customer service does.

Did he give you a business card, name, contact number or email address?

We would love to check out that promotional offer for you and validate if the representative is indeed one of ours. If you wish to discuss things further or send us the representative's information, please do so via private message. You can learn how to send a PM, here.

RogersMaude

Helen123
I've been here awhile

Hi! I’m from London Ontario. These guys, same deal. They entered my secure building wearing a Rogers shirt and asked if I had internet with Rogers.

I was not wise enough to ask for ID (but I will in the future). But they did leave promo material and a name and email.

Thanks!!

Hello @Helen123,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post :).

It's definitely a good idea to ask for ID, just to be sure. Did you end up reaching out at the email on the promo material?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

RogersZia

Helen123
I've been here awhile

No I did not reach out to them. Whoever they are, they know my face, they can enter a secured building without approval from the superintendent (I asked if they were allowed), and they know where I live. Reaching out seems like I could draw even more attention to myself. I was truly hoping one of your people would do this. 

Thanks for the reply,

Suzanne

Good evening @Helen123,

Being cautious definitely makes sense. If you have any further questions about your account or the offer please feel free to contact us via PM @CommunityHelps. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE

RogersZia

I just had 2 sales people come to my door offering Ignite Internet Gigabit  tv and home phone for $90/month.  No contract.  I'm very skeptical.   Did not think to ask for proper ID

@RogersZia wrote:

Good evening @Helen123,

Being cautious definitely makes sense. If you have any further questions about your account or the offer please feel free to contact us via PM @CommunityHelps. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE

RogersZia

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @123456799997,

Asking for identification is definitely a smart way to avoid any false promotions. Most of our current bundles are not on a term. You can view our Ignite TV bundles here.

If you have any questions about any promotions offered to you, feel free to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps or contact us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers.

For more information on how to use our private message system please refer to my post right above yours 🙂.

RogersZia

I had a guy from Roger's who have offered Internet for $32 in Kanata,Ottawa. He showed up when I was not home and gave a broucher to my wife. When I tried to call him on his phone I am getting recorded message saying this number is not assigned and I have emailed him but no response.

If this is the real offer I would like to sign up.

(Removed Personal Information - Keep It Private - RogersTony)

Greetings @ikramkhan!

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 😊

That deal sounds pretty sweet and almost too good to be true, so I can definitely understand your hesitation! If you can please shoot us a Private Message @CommunityHelps, we'll be more than happy to investigate the validity of this offer.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

RogersLaura

2 weeks ago William xxx left a Rogers promotional offer in my mailbox in Barrie, Ontario. Does he work for Rogers and is the promotional offer valid? (Removed Email Address & Agent's Last Name - Keep it Private - RogersTony)

Hey there @worsdall!

Thanks for being a part of the Rogers Community Forums and great first post! 👍

It's always a good idea to double check the legitimacy of an offer whenever you are uncertain. You've come to the right place for that!

If you can kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps, we'll be most happy to investigate this further to confirm that the offer you received in your mailbox is authorized by Rogers. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Cheers!

RogersLaura

guru2024
I've been around

Hi , about 1 month ago , a guy knocked my door and said he has great deal for our building . He offered me ingnite 300 or plus I am sure for around $40/m . He also said this price will be good for year . He gave me his visiting card but I lost somewhere .can someone help me find that gentleman phone number . Gurwinder Kumar

Good evening @guru2024,

Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to hear back from you and are glad you consider Rogers as a service provider for your household.

We unfortunately can't retrieve the sales representative's information for you to get back in touch with them. For security reasons, we had to edit the personal information you originally posted. However, we've forwarded it to the sales team so they can get back in touch with you.Keep in mind that the offer made to you months ago may no longer be available at this time. We'll do what we can to help you get the best offer.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Question:

I’ve got a guy walking door to door offering home internet for 50$ a month no contract, 150 mb/s , promised to send me a box for that. Had a Rogers badge, asked 2 pieces of ID. I was way to sleepy to suspect anything. But I have him my expired permanent residence card which means nothing anymore. Still, kinda worried now. He gave me his phone number and name. It happened in Richmond hill a few days ago. Guy’s name Erian (removed for privacy reasons). This what he gave me. Do you have that employee? Or this promotion? please contact me.

Good morning @Lexaugd!

Welcome to our Community!

If you're uncertain about whether or not a door to door salesman is one of our employees, I can help!

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I can look into this for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 in conversation