cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily SPAM calls ... what can I do beside blocking each number one by one

jppotvin
I've been here awhile

Hello all, switched to Rogers 2 months ago and I am loving it so far but ever since I've been having daily SPAM calls from different region of the USA. Never the same number because I always block it but they still continue to come in. I sometime answer out of frustration but there is never anyone speaking. Is it possible to block calls from the USA altogether?

And I also get a text message everytime telling me that I have a voicemail... this is also annoying and redundant as we already have an icon that let's us know that there is a voicemail.

Thank you very much for the help!

***Edited Labels***

46 REPLIES 46

Re: Daily SPAM calls ... what can I do beside blocking each number one by one

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:
... its not a good idea to block every number a spammer calls you from....

Agreed. I always wait until I get at least two calls from the same number.  I also usually search the web for that number to see if there are spam reports or businesses.

I also only answer calls from people who are in my directory/white list.  The rest go to voicemail and very few telemarketers even leave voicemails.  By not answering a telemarking call, it also doesn't give them feedback that my number is "active".

Hivancouver
I've been around
I am using Telus for my home landline and they have a free feature that instruct the callers to hit a random number from 1 to 9 before they actually connect their calls. I registered that and since then 90% of the spam automatic calls disappeared. For those that really call me like my family members, they will hit the number and the system remember them and won't ask them to do so in the future calls. I wish Rogers can provide the same service.

Ok, this is just getting ridiculous, all day long I have been getting calls telling me that an arrest warrant has been issued for be by CBSA. 

I was speaking with someone today that has Tellus and he told me that there is a feature they can activate which requires legitimate callers, (read that as live callers) to enter a number on the keypad when answered in order to be connected.  Since activating this feature, this fellow has received no calls that we all complain about. 
BRILLIANT! 
Now, my question is do Rogers customers have this option that we can activate?

if so, please provide directions on how to implement 

if not, WHY NOT? 

Thany you very much for any useful input. 

gdigenis
I've been here awhile

It’s called call control and Telus has it. I didn’t receive a  call in over 1 year. I left them for a lower price with Rogers and am now living with spam calls.

Well maybe all Rogers customers should demand it be implemented. 
Quite honestly, Rogers does absolutely nothing for their customers, perhaps customers should petition CRTC to force Rogers to implement. 
Getting very tired of paying high prices and getting NO service. 
Anyone else agree?

Topic Stats