cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from different numbers and now asking for a copy of bill to credit me $300 giftcard

sms7
I've been here awhile

Hello,

Received call from this number +1-705-230-9985 he said he is looking for a copy of my bill so he can credit me $300 gift card.

Upon asking for an email he sent an email from this email "......@sales-rogers.ca" and in his email signature this is what he has :

Senior Supervisor
Sales & Promotion Department

Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Rogers.com
Rogers Communications | One Mount Pleasant Road | Toronto ON M4Y 2Y5
© 2017 Rogers Communications
This email is automatically generated, please do not reply. This e-mail
(and any attachment(s)) is confidential; if you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it immediately without keeping a copy.

Can anyone from Rogers please verify it ?

Thank you,

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Call from different numbers and now asking for a copy of bill to credit me $300 giftcard

sms7
I've been here awhile

The same crew already got my details like address, full name, and company name. Because they contacted me earlier and upon confirming the offer for small businesses they sent a Rogers tech person but I rejected getting their modem installed because they had an old modem and I already have the latest modem.  Anyways, long story short, I rejected to get that modem installed and now they're following up so they can give me a gift card. But I am not sending them any details now.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Call from different numbers and now asking for a copy of bill to credit me $300 giftcard

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi sms7,

Be very careful when you are contacting individuals who claim to be from rogers.  I am glad you have come here seeking guidance before divulging any personal information.

First and Foremost, There are a lot of  RED FLAGS in the email message you provided.

copyright 2017? we are in 2023, this is a red flag

secondly, I did a whois lookup on sales-rogers.ca domain, it is not a genuine rogers domain its a fraud, registered to someone in PakiStan.  Authentic emails will always come from the domain rci.rogers.com

https://ca.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&tmskey=&domain=sales-rogers.ca

Thirdly, if they worked for rogers in any way, they would already have access to your bill and would not ask you to send it to them. that sounds silly, rite?

thanks but i would stay away from this scam, it could lead to identity theft or a fraudulent line being opened in your name,

sms7
I've been here awhile

The same crew already got my details like address, full name, and company name. Because they contacted me earlier and upon confirming the offer for small businesses they sent a Rogers tech person but I rejected getting their modem installed because they had an old modem and I already have the latest modem.  Anyways, long story short, I rejected to get that modem installed and now they're following up so they can give me a gift card. But I am not sending them any details now.

Thank you,

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation