cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Because my Blackberry supports NFC, will your solution work with it?

morlan
I plan to stick around

Ok, so I'm still hanging on to my 9900.  I'm a proud Canadian.  Just want to know if mobile wallet will work just fine with my device or will I need some additional software or hardware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Because my Blackberry supports NFC, will your solution work with it?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello Morlan

The memory will not be attacked or used. You are simply adding a new sim card on your account. That is all.The reboots are done because of the Sofware / apps that cause that. The Sim card is just a plain sim card but with the compatibility that it can be used with NFC with Rogers Wallet.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello Morlan

You will need is the NFC Sim card Rogers will be selling.

That's right, thanks Meowmix - the only point I'll add is that you just need to make sure you continuously update your device software (updates and patches)

morlan
I plan to stick around

Great, and will there be any memory issues with the new card on the 9900?   As it is, I have reboot my phone every couple of days or so.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello Morlan

The memory will not be attacked or used. You are simply adding a new sim card on your account. That is all.The reboots are done because of the Sofware / apps that cause that. The Sim card is just a plain sim card but with the compatibility that it can be used with NFC with Rogers Wallet.

Also, it depends on the applications (i.e. wallet from banks) and how big they are - but it should not have an adverse impact on your memory, other than what you are unfortunately experiencing.

- J

Lendo78
I'm here a lot

If I'm using an unlocked telus 9900, will it still work with a Rogers NFC SIM?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello Lendo78

Yes it should work just fine. As long as the phone has NFC, the phone unlocked and it works on the Rogers network it should work. have a Telus 9900 bold as well and using it on Rogers with no issues. 

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation