cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Samsung Galaxy Battery Issue

KrystyneE
I've been here awhile

Hi

I have a samsung galaxy and the battery is always running out. Is there a way to make it last the whole day? I have facebook and email set so they only check when i check them, i have the 4g set to 3g so it doesn't take as much battery. I make sure that the apps are closed before I lock the phone. I clear the ram often. I use the task manager often to make sure that apps have closed properly. I have set the screen to auto lighting, so it can turn down when it needs too.

What else can I do?

Please help! I love my phone, but hate being tied to the wall with a plug!

Krystyne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JGG
I plan to stick around

Check the Permissions on some of the apps that you download. Some of them have a number of permissions which may be keeping your phone active.

Partial and Kernel Wakelocks

Which of your apps are frequently keeping your system alive to check on things?

There is an app called BetterBatteryStats which can tell the apps that are using wakelocks to get their information. The info may be useful for you or it may be purely mining your data (privacy) for their purposes. Whatever, it may be one of the sources of your battery problems.

It records the freqency and the percentage of time taken up by the wakelocks of each app. Check it out and make sure you check the Partial Wakelocks. I have not seen much on the Kernel Wakelocks yet.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersRonak
Product Manager
Product Manager
Hi Krystyne,

Battery performance is directly related to user activity throughout the day. Live wallpapers, certain apps that continue to run in the background, media consumption contribute to the performance. To manage applications, go to Setting > Applications > Running Services and you'll see the list of apps running in the background.

also, most Samsung devices have "Power Saving Mode" in Settings.

One last thing: you can check what's causing the most battery consumption by going to Settings > Applications > Battery Usage.

Hope this helps.

KrystyneE
I've been here awhile

I have taken live wallpapers, and most apps off that continue to run, I have never found the running services before, so i will go through those apps too!

I do have my phone on power saving mode!

And I do check the battery usage too. Most days it's in this order: Display, Norton, Cell Standby, Android System, phone idle, wi-fi, andoid os, facebook, google services.

Do you have any other suggestions?

JGG
I plan to stick around

Check the Permissions on some of the apps that you download. Some of them have a number of permissions which may be keeping your phone active.

Partial and Kernel Wakelocks

Which of your apps are frequently keeping your system alive to check on things?

There is an app called BetterBatteryStats which can tell the apps that are using wakelocks to get their information. The info may be useful for you or it may be purely mining your data (privacy) for their purposes. Whatever, it may be one of the sources of your battery problems.

It records the freqency and the percentage of time taken up by the wakelocks of each app. Check it out and make sure you check the Partial Wakelocks. I have not seen much on the Kernel Wakelocks yet.

Good luck.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation