cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"MyRogers is measuring Network Performance"

DrMike
I'm a trusted contributor

Several times per day I see this notification from "MyRogers" on my Android phone (Galaxy S10+, Android 11) that says "MyRogers is measuring network performance".  If I tap the notification, nothing happens.

The notification can be cleared, or else it eventually disappears and returns at (seemingly) random times. I never had this before - it seems to have started maybe a few weeks ago?

Can anyone tell me what exactly this means? I understand what the WORDS mean, but what exactly is being measured? The Rogers outside network? My internal (home) network? And if it is so important for Rogers to keep measuring this time after time after time, why is there never any follow-through or report or conclusion etc?

Seems like a superfluous piece of nonsense?

Anyone?

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: "MyRogers is measuring Network Performance"

RogersMoin

Hello, @DrMike.

Thank you for posting your query in the Community; most likely you might have opted in to help improve the network performance. 

The MyNetwork feature of the app uses location to provide you with feedback on how the mobile network is performing, find weak coverage areas and identify network outages. 

You can turn this off by going to Settings >> Apps >> MyRogers >> Permission >> Location. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

DrMike
I'm a trusted contributor

@RogersMoin wrote:

The MyNetwork feature of the app uses location to provide you with feedback on how the mobile network is performing, find weak coverage areas and identify network outages. 

Except it has NEVER given me a single piece of info. I see no output, no report, no feedback etc. It just runs and goes away.

Until next time....

If it gave me a single useful piece of info that is one thing. But it never does...

RgrsL
I've been around

It's rogers using your phone and location to gather data. Sounds shady with no explanation.

daniel10
I plan to stick around
You don't get the info rogers gets the info from all the users that opt in, to see how their network runs for those users in those locations

s20Merlin
I've been here awhile
You can probably change this in app permissions
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation