cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo Mail search function does NOT search spam folder!

DaveW
I've been here awhile

One of the main reasons one would search in Mail is because you can't fine an email that you know should be there and one of the top reasons it is not in your in-basket is that it has got sucked into the spam folder.  So why does Yahoo search NOT search the spam folder???  Even selecting the spam folder doesn't search the spam folder!!!

The pull-down list of folders to search does not include the spam folder.

Incredible!  INFURIATING...

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Yahoo Mail search function does NOT search spam folder!

RogersTony

Hello, @DaveW

I can understand the need for an easy way to search the spam folder. 

Our email services are provided by Yahoo, I would recommend reaching out to them directly to provide them with your feedback. 

You may find the functionality you are looking for by using an email client like MS Outlook.

RogersTony

Re: Yahoo Mail search function does NOT search spam folder!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony wrote:

2. Our email services are provided by Yahoo, I would recommend reaching out to them directly to provide them with your feedback. 

1. You may find the functionality you are looking for by using an email client like MS Outlook.

1. Yes, this should work if you're running your client as IMAP (I just checked Mail on my iPad).  I'm still using Outlook POP3 on my desktop and the spam doesn't get through to me, but most people probably do run IMAP.

2. Also, asking someone to go to Yahoo is like asking me to go to Comcast for Rogers Ignite Issues. 😉  One should be able to have issues resolved by contacting the organization that "sells" the service.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation