cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The fibre-powered Rogers Rogers network is at your door?

Dave42
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I've been getting emails from Rogers saying "The fibre-powered Rogers Rogers network is at your door" and "Now there’s even more to be excited about, because Canada’s fastest internet* is coming to your doorstep with even more power. In the coming weeks, we’ll begin construction in your area as part of our work to ensure you can take full advantage of the most groundbreaking digital services. Get ready to experience power unlike ever before as we enhance the fibre-powered backbone of your neighbourhood network."

Can someone explain what this means?  Is this FTTN, FTTH, or just ongoing maintenance?

Thanks.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: The fibre-powered Rogers Rogers network is at your door?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is unlikely to be FTTH for a while. RF-coax from nearby (node or curb) is adequate for Gbps speeds plus IPTV, unlike Bell's twisted pair, which maxed out at about 100 Mbps with pair bonding.  Check out similar discussions in the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Time-For-Takeoff/m-p/435457#M55123

I would call it "ongoing construction", rather than "maintenance" to meet the increasing demands.

FiberInternet
I plan to stick around
Fiber to home is being installed in certain area by Rogers it says this on there website don’t know what that other guy is saying because fiber to the neighbourhood is already here the fiber powered Rogers network is in regards to fiber to the home

I got a similar letter 6 months ago or so, and saw crews digging up trenches in my neighbourhood pulling conduit, but they stopped for the winter and did not get my street, only my neighbours were done. i cant wait to see if its real fiber to the home.

FiberInternet
I plan to stick around
Rogers website literally says there bringing fiber to the home here’s the link https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/faqs-about-rogers-fibre-internet
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation