cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGN3 wiped cleam

DMANN1
I've been here awhile

Upgrade my internet and collect a new CODA modem. The old CGN3 I owned outright bought it at Best buy back in the days. I was planning to use it as an access point in my garage. I hard reset it, however, I cannot log in, to do the setup. when I check with command prompt (ipconfig) the default gateway is BLANK no IP address. Did Roger's tech do this? If so how do I get it back to factory default? Help, please.  and thank you

1 REPLY 1

Re: CGN3 wiped cleam

RogersTony

Hello @DMANN1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Being able to set up your old modem as an access point would definitely be super convenient. I am not sure if the modem will still be fully functional if it is not Provisioned on an active account. When you plug the modem into power can you describe the light pattern that appears?

After powering on the modem please connect a laptop or desktop to the modem via Ethernet. Open your Web browser and in the address bar enter 192.168.0.1. If you are able to access the admin settings on the modem a Hitron login page will appear. The default username/password is cusadmin/password.

Let the Community know if you are able to access the settings that way.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation