TVAPP-00200 error, Ignite TV app no longer plays shows on iPhone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momcontrol
I'm Here A Lot

Re: TVAPP-00200 error, Ignite TV app no longer plays shows on iPhone

As I previously replied yes I did as it was off to begin with.  Still didn't work.

RogersLaura

Hello everyone!

It has come to our attention that this error may be affecting users who are running a Norton VPN. If you are running a Norton VPN and are receiving error message 'TVAPP-00200', this could be because you are attempting to connect to the service "off network" which means the VPN could be routing you through a different country.

Hopefully, this helps some of you!

RogersLaura

momcontrol
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Laura - that is the solution but a bit tricky on the iphone.  After trial and error these are the steps to do it correctly.

1) Go to Settings on phone

2) Select VPN

3) Click on "info. circle" under Norton Mobile Security

4) Click off "Connect on Demand"

By doing these steps it will not just shut off "connect on demand" but will also shut off the VPN at the same time and this is the only way to have Rogers Ignite work on the iphone.  If you don't do this then it keeps toggling back to being connected on its own if you just toggle off the Connected button on the Status of the first page of the VPN Settings.  So nice to finally being able to watch TV on my iphone.  

Fineous
I've Been Here Awhile

Protected browsing was turned on and I’ve turned it off, but it wasn’t impacting any of our other devices and had no effect wrt my phone. I recently bought a new iPhone SE (A2275) to replace my iPhone7 (both running iOS 14.4) partly because of this. Your Ignite TV app doesn’t work on it either. I spoke to someone from Rogers Support who seemed to have figured out the problem after 4-5 days trying but I powered off my phone that night and the tv app wouldn’t work again the next morning. The tv app works fine on all our other devices.
Fineous
I've Been Here Awhile

Ah, saw the VPN solution posted above and that appears to be the problem. I turned off the on demand setting for the Norton VPN and the tv app works again. Thanks!
momcontrol
I'm Here A Lot

Great that you saw my post and the extra step needed to get it to work on your iphone.