cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVAPP-00200 error, Ignite TV app no longer plays shows on iPhone

Fineous
I've been here awhile
I have signed out, restarted the app, reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, restarted my Ignite gateway and even tried moving my device from one grouping to another in the Ignite Wifi app (only suggestion I could find on internet). Nothing fixes the app's failure to play shows any more on iPhone. However, it continues to work fine on Android phone, iPad and Windows10 laptop. My iPhone is completely up to date wrt updates. I have wasted an enormous amount of time trying to connect to someone in Rogers support via online chat and phone call but only robot Anna responds (she knows nothing about this issue).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: TVAPP-00200 error, Ignite TV app no longer plays shows on iPhone

Thanks Laura - that is the solution but a bit tricky on the iphone.  After trial and error these are the steps to do it correctly.

1) Go to Settings on phone

2) Select VPN

3) Click on "info. circle" under Norton Mobile Security

4) Click off "Connect on Demand"

By doing these steps it will not just shut off "connect on demand" but will also shut off the VPN at the same time and this is the only way to have Rogers Ignite work on the iphone.  If you don't do this then it keeps toggling back to being connected on its own if you just toggle off the Connected button on the Status of the first page of the VPN Settings.  So nice to finally being able to watch TV on my iphone.  

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

RogersTony

Hello, @Fineous

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I can imagine how annoying it is to have the Ignite TV app stop working on your iPhone all of a sudden.

It is strange that it is only affecting one device while all other devices seem to work fine. Can you confirm the model of your iPhone and the current iOS?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

stepy2015
I plan to stick around

Forget your Wi-Fi network and rejoin

Fineous
I've been here awhile
IPhone7 and my software version is 14.4.

I am also having this issue. My iPhone XR will not play anything on the app, but my iPad will still

Same issue on my phone. Just stopped working one day a few weeks ago. I tried the help desk. Useless. I created 2 help tickets. talked to 2 people. Then they sent a text to say 'sorry we couldn't reach you'...they didn't even try to call.

I run an 8plus with IOS 14

momcontrol
I'm here a lot

I am also having the same problem today on my iphone7.  Same error message.  Logging out and logging back in and still not working.  Error messages with everything including recordings I can't access.  Horrible!!!!

Hello, @Fineous, @CelesteRoanwolf, @Gisellepraulins, @momcontrol.

Thank you all for your participation in this thread and for flagging this anomaly. 

Do you have Protected Browsing enabled in the Ignite WiFi Hub app? For testing purposes, can you please toggle off Protected Browsing and try the Ignite TV app on the affected device?

If not, we can submit a ticket for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

My protected browsing was off.  Still didn't work.  Then decided to try it with it on and still didn't work but got a TVAPP-0300 error message when protected browsing was on.  

Good evening @momcontrol,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

You've definitely come to the right place :). Have you had a chance to review RogersMoin's post right above? If you've already tried the steps listed in the post without success, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. You can learn more about our private messaging system here

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

As I previously replied yes I did as it was off to begin with.  Still didn't work.

RogersYasmine

Hello everyone!

It has come to our attention that this error may be affecting users who are running a Norton VPN. If you are running a Norton VPN and are receiving error message 'TVAPP-00200', this could be because you are attempting to connect to the service "off network" which means the VPN could be routing you through a different country.

Hopefully, this helps some of you!

RogersLaura

Thanks Laura - that is the solution but a bit tricky on the iphone.  After trial and error these are the steps to do it correctly.

1) Go to Settings on phone

2) Select VPN

3) Click on "info. circle" under Norton Mobile Security

4) Click off "Connect on Demand"

By doing these steps it will not just shut off "connect on demand" but will also shut off the VPN at the same time and this is the only way to have Rogers Ignite work on the iphone.  If you don't do this then it keeps toggling back to being connected on its own if you just toggle off the Connected button on the Status of the first page of the VPN Settings.  So nice to finally being able to watch TV on my iphone.  

Fineous
I've been here awhile
Protected browsing was turned on and I’ve turned it off, but it wasn’t impacting any of our other devices and had no effect wrt my phone. I recently bought a new iPhone SE (A2275) to replace my iPhone7 (both running iOS 14.4) partly because of this. Your Ignite TV app doesn’t work on it either. I spoke to someone from Rogers Support who seemed to have figured out the problem after 4-5 days trying but I powered off my phone that night and the tv app wouldn’t work again the next morning. The tv app works fine on all our other devices.

Fineous
I've been here awhile
Ah, saw the VPN solution posted above and that appears to be the problem. I turned off the on demand setting for the Norton VPN and the tv app works again. Thanks!

Great that you saw my post and the extra step needed to get it to work on your iphone.  

EmJayBee
I've been here awhile

Is Rogers actively trying to fix this? I just started with ignite internet, tv and home phone. First attempt at trying to watch live tv on iPad and I keep getting this error. I tried the suggestion to toggle the protected browsing. I can sometimes watch one channel and the get the error again when I try to watch another channel

Try the same solution as I posted further up on this thread about the iphone.  Would make sense for the same thing with the ipad,  I would think.  It's worth a try.  Good Luck!

specter
I plan to stick around

I also had the same error and after much frustration and trial & error was able to pinpoint the root cause. It would appear that the cryptic TVAPP-00200 error has something to do with content not authorized for a specific area. So it narrowed my focus down to the Location Services on my iPad.

Quick and easy method was to go to my wi-fi settings and forget my home network. Search again and re-join which seemed to reset the Location Services. Certainly weird since the Ignite TV app was working and the iPad never left the house between then and when it stopped working.

For good measure I also removed any possible stored settings for the app from the iCloud backup, deleted the app and reinstalled.
1. Delete the app

2. Remove any stored settings
Settings - Select your Apple ID - iCloud - Manage Storage - Backups - Select your device 

Scroll down to find Ignite TV and turn off the backup

3. Re-download app from the Apple Store

4. Forget your connected wi-fi network

5. Reconnect to wi-fi

6. Launch app and sign in with your Rogers account, it will prompt to use Location Services. Ensure this is set to Allow While Using App

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 in conversation