Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV apps wont work

pitfall21
I plan to stick around

Hi,

3 questions:

1. Just wondering how to watch live TV on Sportsnet Now, Global, CTV, and Crave without using Ignite TV?  For example, if I try to sign in to Sportsnet Now on my PC, phone, or Fire Stick, it asks me to choose my cable provider and every time I choose Rogers and enter my info, it says that I don't have these channels.  But I have the Premiere package! I am not trying to get rid of cable, just use the apps.  Why is this?  Can I only use Ignite TV to watch everything?  

2. Will Rogers be adding more apps like Prime, Disney, Apple+?  

3. Will Rogers make an Ignite TV app for Apple TV, Firestick, or Android boxes?

Thanks!

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Live TV apps wont work

pitfall21
I plan to stick around

Okay.  My apps are working now!  One of the Rogers techs created a new sign-in for me and now everything works.  And I happy to see that Prime is one the box now!  Just need Apple, Dazn, and Disney and it's 1 controller city!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersZia

Good evening @pitfall21,

Did you recently switch to the Ignite TV™ service? If yes, then have you had a chance to log into http://ignitetv.rogers.com/ and accept the terms of service? You should still be able to view programming via a channel specific app as long as it's part of your cable subsccription. When was the last time the GO apps worked for you? 

As for questions 2 and 3, we'll be happy to update the Community if/when new information or announcements come in :).

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

pitfall21
I plan to stick around

Hi RogersZia,

I have had Ignite since June.  I see "Terms of Service" but I don't see anywhere I can click on "accept the terms of service". The apps like Crave and Sportsnet have never worked since the installation of Ignite.   Thanks!

Hello @pitfall21

Once you log into http://ignitetv.rogers.com/ you should be able to see a prompt where you can accept the terms of service. Accepting the TOS has known to resolve access issues with the GO apps. May I know if you're able to view the Ignite services on your MyRogers profile?

If you're not able to complete the step mentioned above, we may have to refresh the access for the GO apps to work on our end. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to take a look into this for you.

RogersZia

pitfall21
I plan to stick around

Okay.  My apps are working now!  One of the Rogers techs created a new sign-in for me and now everything works.  And I happy to see that Prime is one the box now!  Just need Apple, Dazn, and Disney and it's 1 controller city!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation