cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV - Stingray Country Classic Charge

Alex318
I've been here awhile

I was recently forced by Rogers to upgrade to Ignite Tv.  My dog likes to listen to Stingray Country Classic which was on channel 731 and free on our former TV package.  Now I have to pay $3 to get it.  I see in the community that others on Ignite TV seem to be getting it for free.  How does that work?  And is my $3 monthly charge just for the Country music or does it include all of the other Stingray music types?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite TV - Stingray Country Classic Charge

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex318 : With IgniteTV, you need to go to the Stingray App on your IgniteTV box, either by going into Rogers/Apps, or by simply saying "Stingray" into the voice commands.  I believe that all but the most basic packages contain Stingray, but you should be able to check that using the Rogers Website/Bundles.  Which bundle do you have?  I believe you have to have Rogers Internet.

There have been several very recent discussions regarding Stingray (if you do a search).  Here's but one example - check it out for additional details:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/stingray-music/m-p/514383/highlight/true#M17729

You can also get Stingray via the Stingray App on your Tablet or Phone and logging in as a Rogers customer (assuming Stringray is part of your package).

BTW, the IgniteTV box will go into standby after 4-5 hours of inactivity (max depending on your settings), so if you expect it to keep playing on your TV all day, this may not happen with the box

SB28
I plan to stick around

I just switched a few days ago and still learning but the channel listing I got before switching showed the stingray channels listed, but I couldn't see them in the (free to me) guide.  I just said "stingray" in remote and app came up and they're available there.  Might depend on your package though.

Alex318
I've been here awhile

Thank you - I'm on Flex 20 plus Sports.  Rogers said I had to pay extra ($3.00) if I wanted Stingray Country Classic.  My transition has not been seamless - problems with the billing, etc. and I had to make the switch in a hurry without getting much information  as my former Roger's router died and they would not replace it - so all done in a hurry as I needed the internet pronto.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, but, if you say "Stingray" into the voice command or go to Rogers-Apps-Stingray are you taken to the Stingray app?  You can even say "Stingray Country Classics" and be taken directly to that stream.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation