cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harmony remote and ignite tv

Bov103
I've been here awhile

I just got the ingite tv box Xi6-T and have been trying all day to get it to work with the harmony hub. I added the device on the harmony pc app as the Rogers Xi6-T, Rogers Tx061aei (model number on bottom of box) and even tried Rogers Ignite tv... and for some reason none of those allow my harmony remote to replace the XR15 controller that came with the ignite box. Does anyone know how to program the harmony remote in order to replace the remote that came with the ignite box?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Harmony remote and ignite tv

Bov103
I've been here awhile
Got it working. Turns out my hub was not syncing. Had to do a factory reset on the harmony hub then all good.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you search this forum for terms like "Harmony Ignite" or similar, you'll find several previous threads on this topic. All the people got their Harmonys to work, however, what was very important was the placement of the hub.  It needs to be on top of, or very near, the IgniteTV box, preferably right next to the IR "eye" of the IgniteTV box.  The IgniteTV box is extremely sensitive to hub placement and IR signals - ie it's not very good at receiving IR signals because it's mainly used for RF with the IgniteTV XR15 remote.

Obviously, you won't have voice control with the Harmony, so you'll need to keep the XR15 handy for that. Voice Commands can be extremely useful with IgniteTV.  I didn't think I'd use them, but I, and my wife, use them a lot.

Bov103
I've been here awhile
Got it working. Turns out my hub was not syncing. Had to do a factory reset on the harmony hub then all good.

Mko
I plan to stick around

I hope you can help.  My nextbox 3 died recently and so I am moving to an ignite tv box and i got the XiOne-SC (B) version. Ia

Mko
I plan to stick around

Oops … continued from above.  So I have the Rogers XiOne-SC (B) version, and I am wondering what model I should specify in my Harmony 550 remote?  The Harmony database did not recognize the model number or other info i pulled off the set top box.  Any suggestions will be welcome.

mike

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Look for Xfinity and/or Xi6-T.  Sometimes it's best to put in as little information as possible so that you get some results. If you're too specific, a missing dash or something can cause issues.

MikeKO
I've been here awhile

Thanks - I will give that a try!

mike

MikeKO
I've been here awhile

Your suggestion worked for my Harmony 550!

Thanks

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation