cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a dial tone but only get busy signal when i try to dial any number at all

jonez3
I've been around

i just got my rogers home phone and internet servises transferred when i moved house, after the technicians left, my internet works and my phone gets a dial tone but whenever i try to call anyone it goes directly to busy signal.....same if anyone tries callingme......  can anyone help?

i cant call rogers in order to get another technician out here and i cant for the life of me find an email adsress for rogers tech support or whatever

***edited labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: i have a dial tone but only get busy signal when i try to dial any number at all

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
There is no email any more for them.

You can do the live chat via the website though.

No cell phone to call in?

Supprised te technician didn't test calling.

Re: i have a dial tone but only get busy signal when i try to dial any number at all

PF52
I've been here awhile

I am having the exact same thing. Got everything hooked up as a new customer and the tech said phone was working. I get a dial tone but can't call out or get calls in.  Busy signal on both ends. I can't call Rogers obviously and I have been waiting for a reply from Live Chat for over half an hour. That is not "live" chat.

Did you get any help to solve this?

Hello, @PF52

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. It's definitely strange to have the dial tone but can't make or receive calls. Is the issue still happening? For testing purpose, you can plug in the phone directly into the port labelled 1/2 at the back of the modem. 

Keep us posted so that we can suggest the next step in resolving the issue.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PF52
I've been here awhile

The tech who installed evertything did have it plugged into 1/2 port already. I got someone from Live Chat who got me to check this. Suggested I try just using the wall jack till someone from further up the line got hold of me when hey got a ticket. That was 24  hours ago and nothing! I tried the wall jack and now the phone display says "check phone line" and no dial tone just a really fast busy signal sound before even dialing and I can't dial. It is plugged back into the original jack now. 

Hello, @PF52

Thank you for your continued patience and confirming that the phone is plugged into the 1/2 port.  Based on your Live Chat conversation, it appears the issue could be related to provisioning.

Please try dialing out again, if the issue persists please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can further look into it for you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Lady_jessie
I've been here awhile

I have this exact same issue. Please let me know how to fix it! I can't even get through to chat with a human. I don't have another phone...can't find how to contact support. Someone please help!

Good evening @Lady_jessie,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how inconvenient loss of service can be, especially if the home phone is your only form of communication. Was the service recently installed? If it's not a new service can you tell us when did you start experiencing this issue? Have you been able to receive any calls? I know you also mentioned you were trying to get in contact with tech support over Live Chat, did you get through at all?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation