cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my landline number to a cellphone line.

RandonPerson
I've been here awhile

Hi,

So we have had this landline number for multiple decades. As well as been with Rogers for 20+ years.

We have decided to cancel our home phone service but considering our landline number is very important to keep for all family members and old friends who keep in contact only yearly and this number is the only way to reach us.

My question is what are the steps I need to take to simply move my 416 landline number over to a cellular sim card and then have my home phone canceled on my next bill?

I am older and this stuff can be hard, so if anyone could possibly let me know the exact steps I need to take it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transfer my landline number to a cellphone line.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello RandonPerson,

First step, do NOT cancel your landline home phone, you want to PORT the number to another company, once the porting is complete, the provider of your landline will cancel the account.

You can decide, do you want to Port In your landline number to your EXISTING Cellphone line if you have one?  this means what ever cell phone number you currently have will change and the cellphone will have your landline number once complete, and  your old cell number will be disconnected and unrecoverable

You can also do this, you can open a NEW cellphone line, pick any phone and plan  you want at the store, then you can ask the Sales Agent to "Port In" your landline number, they will do the port request. you will have a temporary number on your cellphone line upon activation so do not be alarmed, once porting is complete, your home number will be transferred to the new cell plan, and your landline provider will cancel your landline

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Transfer my landline number to a cellphone line.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello RandonPerson,

First step, do NOT cancel your landline home phone, you want to PORT the number to another company, once the porting is complete, the provider of your landline will cancel the account.

You can decide, do you want to Port In your landline number to your EXISTING Cellphone line if you have one?  this means what ever cell phone number you currently have will change and the cellphone will have your landline number once complete, and  your old cell number will be disconnected and unrecoverable

You can also do this, you can open a NEW cellphone line, pick any phone and plan  you want at the store, then you can ask the Sales Agent to "Port In" your landline number, they will do the port request. you will have a temporary number on your cellphone line upon activation so do not be alarmed, once porting is complete, your home number will be transferred to the new cell plan, and your landline provider will cancel your landline

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation