cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area code Not Showing up

luisduo1
I've been around

When I receive calls from a 905 phone number the area code is displayed in the call logs. Whenever I receive a call from a 416 number, the area is not displayed in the call logs and I'm unable to redial the number. I know it's not the phone equipment I use as it worked correctly when I was with Bell.

Thanks in advance for your help.

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Area code Not Showing up

RogersZia

Good afternoon @luisduo1,

Welcome to the Community!

Some phone sets have a default area code programmed into the phone. For instance, a phone preset to area code 416 receives a call from 416-xxx-xxxx but the call display will show xxx-xxxx. Since 10-digit dialing is mandatory in most areas, using the phone set to redial the number as displayed will fail. If the default area code is removed from the phone set, the whole 10-digit number will appear on the display.

The area code preset should be removed or disabled from the phone set. You will have to refer to the instruction book that came with the phone. If the issue still continues contact a Home Phone Technical Support Consultant.

RogersZia

Re: Area code Not Showing up

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that is so strange, my parents shows area code on all calls regardless if its from 416 or 905 or 647 or 289.  can you borrow a different phone to test?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation