cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers signed me up to this and I'm not even a Rogers Customer

sarah_armstrong
I've been here awhile

I got an email this afternoon saying Thank you for registering to the Community Forum and another that says:

You just earned a new badge!

Im not even a Rogers customer, and this account cannot be deleted or deactivated.

Did Rogers fraudulently sign me up? Are they trying to get me back as a customer? 

NO ONE CAN HELP ME

SOMEONE SIGNED ME UP AS A SCAM
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers signed me up to this and I'm not even a Rogers Customer

sarah_armstrong
I've been here awhile

This is what Customer Service tells me:

Creating a profile of this nature is initiated by the user. I don't have a way here to deactivate it - You will need to contact social media.

But I DID NOT create this account

Hello, @sarah_armstrong.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community; I can imagine how baffling it can be to see such an email. This account was registered on ‎10-21-2013 10:18 AM. Were you a Rogers' customer back in 2013?

I see you have also sent us a private message; we can continue our conversation there and sort out this issue. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

That I don't remember, however why do i get email notifications that I have signed up and received badges and made posts now when i'm no longer a Rogers customer?

Hello @sarah_armstrong,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention! The email badge notification(s) may have been sent in error and you may ignore them. Your request for deactivation of your Rogers Community Forums profile has now been actioned.

Please take care and stay safe!! 

RogersLaura

you can have a MyRogers digital profile even if you are NOT a subscriber at all of any Rogers service or WAS a subscriber in the past.

So basically , when you were a customer in the past, you "might" have had a MyRogers profile but never knew nor used it, but it does not automatically go a way when you cancel your service, so they probably sent a large blast message to everyone and you got the notice nothing wrong here just if u dont want it, just request to close your MyRogers profile completely nothing wrong with doing that
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation