cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Save Content

dogface
I plan to stick around

anyone know how to retrieve "autosaved content" from this forum?

I just typed a post and and somethng happend to change pages and it disappeared.

When I came back here it said "you have autosaved content" but no clue how to retrieve it"

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Auto Save Content

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@dogface wrote:

I just typed a post and and somethng happend to change pages and it disappeared.

When I came back here it said "you have autosaved content" but no clue how to retrieve it"

Usually when you go to reply again to the same post, you'll be asked if you want to use or discard your autosaved reply.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@dogface wrote:

Usually when you go to reply again to the same post, you'll be asked if you want to use or discard your autosaved reply.

dogface
I plan to stick around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@dogface wrote:

Thanks, Yellr. Appreciate it

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I explained how it worked before. If you were posting a reply and accidentally closed the tab or something weird happened, when you tried to reply again, you would be given the option to use the autosaved content. However I was just replying to another post when I got an error after clicking "Post". When I tried again, it said I had autosaved content, but there was no option to use it. Maybe something got broken in the latest Board Enhancement.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Here is where Auto Save Content isn't working properly for me. When a try to reply again to a message after a crash or closed tab, this is what I see:

autosave1.jpg

But when I highlight the text in blue box, this is what is actually there:

autosave2.jpg

The "Load" and "Discard" text is not visible to me with Firefox using Windows 7.  @CommunityHelps please fix.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The same graphics problem exists when sending a private message. There is a blue box with "Your message has been sent" but the text below, "Send another message" is not visible.

dogface
I plan to stick around

Thanks Yellr,

That is I think what happened to me and I went looking for a solution and when I returned it was gone.

Annoying but not much can do now I guess,.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

One more thing on the board graphics. The first post in each thread has ***Edited Labels*** at the bottom with some blue bubbles below. There is text in these bubbles that is almost the same colour, so practically invisible. I expect there are more graphical goofs like this elsewhere that need to be corrected.

Thank you @OLDYELLR and @dogface for bringing this to our attention. I have logged the ticket and will be looking to get this fixed as soon as possible.

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, the issue still persists. I started to reply to your post in a new tab, then closed the tab before posting. Replying again, I got the blue rectangle whether to Load or Discard the autosaved reply and the  "Load" and "Discard" links are invisible, i.e. the same colour as the background, unless I highlight all the text with my mouse.

@OLDYELLR@dogface

I'll keep you both updated as soon as we get this fixed. Thank you again for being patient.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The problem has been fixed. Smiley Happy

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation