cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting data from modem: how?

Pguy
I plan to stick around

I want to post data from my Rogers modem to people helping me, either in the forum or via private message - but, I forgot how to do it.

Is there a preferred/easy method?    I figured, screenshot but I am not really a Windows user - I looked up screenshot methods but my keyboard doesn't have a prtscn key.

I read another thread and someone asked the same question and was answered - except, I can't find that post.

It's both annoying and frustrating as this is a pretty routine task.   I may figure it out after I post but I am sure it's easy.

What I want to 'copy' is the data from Downstream and Upstream Overview - but, it's in a table so it is most convenient to show the entire table and not just a bunch of numbers.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: posting data from modem: how?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pguy wrote:

What I want to 'copy' is the data from Downstream and Upstream Overview - but, it's in a table so it is most convenient to show the entire table and not just a bunch of numbers.  

If you are trying to do this section by section, you are running into issues when pasting because you are copying the table data but not getting the table formatting.  Instead, just copy/paste the entire Downstream and Upstream tables at once.

If you want to do this section-by-section, start selecting at "Downstream" and end with the "U" in Upstream.  That copy/paste should work.  You can then delete the trailing "U" at the end afterward.

Re: posting data from modem: how?

Pguy
I plan to stick around

Yes.'table formatting' is the term I meant to use.   I'm able to do it now, thanks.   I just forgot plus I am using a wireless keyboard with track pad instead of with a mouse.   I am just becoming familiar with it.    I am using a large tv as the monitor/display so a mouse would be inconvenient since I don't sit at a desk.

Thanks again.  Cheers!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation