cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Globe and Mail story

Flavour1
I'm an enthusiast

https://apple.news/AKjcNFao1Q6yBZNV-prykvg

Corus Entertainment has filed a complaint with CRTC against Rogers by using it’s dominant industry position to unfairly disadvantage Corus and other independent media companies.

In the July 26 filing Corus alleges that Rogers has failed to meet the conditions set by the regulator when it approved the Rogers $20 billion takeover of Shaw’s broadcasting services.

Rogers spokesperson Sarah Schmidt says Corus is trying to force service providers

To carry channels that customers no longer wish to watch.

Sarah Schmidt goes on to say Corus has not kept with the demand of Canadians

while we are focused on meeting our customers changing viewing habits.

Sarah goes on to say this is a baseless complaint is designed to prevent us from providing the content that Canadians want on the platform of their choice.

These are just excerpts from the Globe and Mail, many of this sounds very familiar about Rogers.

Rogers had a platform until is was discontinued fall of 2023 to new customers “ The Flex platform” this offered customers four different platforms Starter, Flex 5, 10, and 20 with sportsa great choice for customers that didn’t want kids or sports channels.

Now Rogers has gone back to Starter, Popular and Total the later two have gone back to BIG bundles of a lot of unwanted and unwatched channels that likely customers don’t want, this is not choice.

Rogers says it is changing with viewers habits many times on this forum I have read why hasn’t Rogers providing customers with all the apps available. Again no choice.

Rogers is providing Disney + included, but they can not provide Canadian apps like CBC Gem, CTV, Global TV, Yes TV etc.) ad supported like Disney +)

Did you get Disney + included lately we didn’t.

This is a good story and hopefully something good comes out of it, the lack of competition in Canada. I believe it’s time that the CRTC needs to review the broadcasting and TV provider’s industry. Technology is changing everyday.

The customers are the ones that sufferers. Back in 2016 “Let’s Talk Tv” CRTC hearings

the consumer demanded choice, Rogers surely isn’t providing that now.

0 REPLIES 0
Topic Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 in conversation