Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Guys!

Guysss!!

GUYYSSS!!!!

I am super excited.

Samsung Gear S2 announced. o__o

And it is awesome! 😄

Also, It works with Other Android Phones as well! (Not all but this is better than Samsung Only right?)

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-s2/

Check out the link! O__O be amazed!

(I am easily attracked to shiny things lol)

@Gdkitty @Meowmix @RogersMoin @RogersDarrell @RogersAsif @RogersAliciaG

Plus it comes with Fast-Wireless Charger O__O

Bluetooth 3G Wifi and NFC <-- DID YOU READ THAT?! OMG!!! aldafj3lk2j fajsdl k

*Faints*

42 REPLIES 42

Re: Samsung Gear S2!

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thank's for sharing @ShakTib Smiley Happy

I'd call it a smart phone extension on your wrist. I had a chance to check out the multiple features and I think my favorite is the VW app and the Kevo app. The idea of being able to remotely lock/unlock the car and house door from your wrist sounds pretty cool to me. I know, I know the watch has way more usable/sensible features but that's all I got for now. Smiley Embarassed

RogersArthur

"Apparently" it can be standalone from the get-go... no need to pair it with a smartphone.

O_o I doubt samsung will push that ... I watched the presentation by samsung at their launch... and they stated the Gear S2 is standalone and doesn't need to pair for activation. (like the other gears did, including S which I really liked)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

They announced this when the Note 5 and S6 edge plus was announced, late to the game lol.

I do like the watch. I had the Gear 2 neo and the first Samsung Gear and currently I do wear my Sony Smartwatch 3 but planning on buying this one when it comes out!

It's a different design and adds more features then before!

I have the Gear 2neo and Still wear my Original Gear (even till this day)...

o__o I am aware I am late, VERY LATE, to the game...

but, the excitment compels me to share! 😄

The clicky feeling, ooo makes me melt. lol
Only downside (again), no Camera. 😐
That's why I didn't get the Gear S.
I really like the camera on my Gear. It's useful to me.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

Honestly having a camera on your watch I find it very disturbing and some can use it in the wrong way. While I agree the camera is a nice feature, I like watches that don't have one.

@Meowmix Camera in EVERYTHING. is my thing. lol
If something doesn't have a camera, I want camera in it.
o__o Imgery has always been my thing.

Gear 2 was good though, Camera and IR blaster. They should have kept that - Especially if they are removing it from their phones.

@RogersArthur - Do you android? would this be an interest to you?

@ShakTiburon, Although I own a DSLR, digital camera which I don't travel around with, but travel with an Android device, Blackberry and Classic phone. Having a camera on my wrist wouldn't hurt, just don't like the idea of paying extra for it. Smiley Frustrated

RogersArthur

Hey @RogersArthur

I use Gear as my tester shots, when I am walking in a new area to review once I get home to see if the location would be good for a photoshoot.

For sure DSLR would be the camera for proper shots, but for "snap shots" I use Gear more than my phone... Quality isn't bad to be honest...

🙂

Kake777
I plan to stick around

So when and where can we buy this? Is the 3g version coming to rogers?

Hey @Kake777
I think Samsung is going to do the same thing as before.
Gear S2 will be no-carrier and launched to market as regular electronic product.

Gear S (which has a bigger screen) - was mostly sold in BestBuy (and futureshop when it was alive).

Hello, @ShakTiburon and All

Gear S2 really looks amazing and like the fact it's not exclusive for Samsung phones. Currently,  I'm using Gear Fit and I'm happy with its performance. I think Gear S2 would be perfect upgrade for me.Smiley Tongue

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I know @RogersMoin !!!

Excited about it! 😄

Kake777
I plan to stick around

Thanks do you know if there is a pre order type system at best buy for the gear s2? I'm really anxious to get it as well. I want to get the level u earphones as well. The combo of the two will complete my work out requirements.

Yea, those are awesome. And that Combo is excellent.
@Meowmix knows about pre-orders for BestBuy - I dont think does pre-orders but I don't know for sure.

@lockdown2341 - any inpuits about Gear S2? 😄

Nope.  I pretty much just use my smartphone for everything. I don't use tablets, smartwatches, or anything else of the sort.

Although I will say I do see the appeal of them. And Samsung is being very smart not tying them into a specific carrier.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon & @Kake777

Unfortunately there isn't any word on when and if Best Buy will do pre orders for this. They haven't told us anything in the emails at all.

I do know I get a good discount on it though lol

Kake777
I plan to stick around
OK thanks please let us know if you hear anything

You better share that discount @Meowmix 😛

And yea, let us know - would be nice to get hands on it first.

Kake777
I plan to stick around
I hear its coming to Canada in October, did you guys/gals hear that too?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kake777

Yes that is what I heard as well.
Topic Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation