Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

Hi!

Does anyone know what counts as an "eligible purchase"? I downloaded the app yesterday and made a purchase on Amazon but when I checked today it said "this purchase is not eligible" in the app, with no explanation why.

I read the Legal section and it says you can redeem rewards towards eligible purchases but nowhere does it state what actually qualifies as eligible! 

I called this morning but they could not tell me anything since I didnt have my card on me and couldnt give them the 3 digits on the back for security. I asked if they could tell me even GENERALLY what an eligible purchase is....and no, they couldnt, unless I have my card available.

So...can anyone help?? 🙂 

Re: Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

Hello @mtl81,

Thanks for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I too was a bit confused at first in regards to what can be redeemed using your Cash Back points on your Rogers Mastercard.  You can find the specific details by Clicking Here

Below is a screenshot of the information you are looking for, specifically "Redeem on anything Rogers":

RogersBank screenshot.PNG

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@mtl81   ....Isn't it fun when they write these things up in Rogerese  ?? 

I don't have a  Rogers mastercard   but have been around Rogers long enough to be able to sympathize with the lack of info and the  hiding behind the  privacy laws when even  a general question is asked  .  My suggestion would be to bite the bullet and call in with the appropriate information  .... it is the only way .. and document discussions as you go . 

As I read your post ...Tony's info  is still ambiguous at best in regards to the question  I understand you to be asking  and I see no answer unless you do not have the necessary  $20 in rewards  accumulated yet before attempting to redeem for "eligible purchases " .   

Good luck . Smiley Wink

Rogers Employee aliaz
Rogers Employee

@mtl81

Hey, here is a link with the terms and conditions https://rogersbank.com/legaldocs/en/Platinum_Terms_Conditions.pdf

Number 3 will provide you details about what “Eligible Purchase” means. 

Hope this helps. 

Interesting ....so that definition  is hidden way down in a pdf in legal docs and in the ad that  Rogers Tony referenced  even the publisher of that ad refers to  to what should be, by Rogers's definition  "net purchases"   erroneously  as  "eligible  purchases"  ... no wonder there is confusion . Smiley Sad

I've Been Here Awhile

the credits earned can only be applied to purchases from Rogers. Have your monthly Rogers bill charged automatically to your Rogers credit card

also Blue Jays tickets and other Rogers purchases can have your credit applied

credits are earned on any purchase here or abroad

new Rogers world elite card gets 4% on foreign purchases and 1 3/4% on domestic purchases. 2% on Rogers purchases

Just curious  why @mtl81 would need his /her  card number and security code   if  the above info  is the answer to the question ? 

@lnw18  Is that  only applicable to the APP ?  You could still opt to just have the rewards credit applied to your account could you not rather than  worrying about applying the credits to the " eligible purchases". ?

It just seems like much ado  about spending more time on your phone without getting you any  value  benefit .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree, just set it up to send the rewards as credits to your Rogers MasterCard account automatically (up to the amount of your monthly Cable TV or Wireless bill for example). If you have over $20 in your rewards account at the time your Rogers account payment is due, it's automatically credited on the same day.  No muss, no fuss.  This assumes you pay your Rogers bill automatically using Rogers MC, which has other obvious benefits. 

For those who need to do this manually for some reason, here's a previous post with links similar to the ones given previously here.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Rogers-MasterCard/m-p/414927#M1123

It's not always possible to provide all the wording for a particular benefit, etc on the website.  The benefits are usually shown as a summary. Hence the link for Terms and Conditions, which can be quite long depending, but gives much more information than the website if needed.

I've Been Here Awhile

the credits earned can only be obtained if applied against Rogers purchases.  Once set up, no phone calls,no hassles.

I'm not a Rogers fan, but this card just works as spelled out.  I get my credits each month applied to my credit card up to the amount I have charged Rogers purchases (TV, internet, home phone, wireless, Jays tix etc).  It's really not complicated if you read the website

@lnw18 wrote:

the credits earned can only be obtained if applied against Rogers purchases. 

So there is no point in  someone not a Rogers customer getting  a Rogers mastercard ?