cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

mtl81
I've been around

Hi!

Does anyone know what counts as an "eligible purchase"? I downloaded the app yesterday and made a purchase on Amazon but when I checked today it said "this purchase is not eligible" in the app, with no explanation why.

I read the Legal section and it says you can redeem rewards towards eligible purchases but nowhere does it state what actually qualifies as eligible! 

I called this morning but they could not tell me anything since I didnt have my card on me and couldnt give them the 3 digits on the back for security. I asked if they could tell me even GENERALLY what an eligible purchase is....and no, they couldnt, unless I have my card available.

So...can anyone help?? 🙂 

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Rogersbank Mastercard Pay with Rewards - Eligible Purchases?

Droid1963
I've been around
This link is dead, can you please update it? And is there a list of “eligible” retailers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Droid1963 : The link in post 21 works just fine for me.  Once you click on the legal disclaimers at the bottom of the page you will be presented with a list of things not eligible. Everything else (purchase-wise), should be eligible. The list would be too long.

If the link doesn't work for you, see the following tips for getting things working properly on your browser:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

The amount of rewards has changed per the link in post 21 since that post is 1.5 years old.

suew3026
I plan to stick around

I have always used my rewards once per year to paydown my account balance. I had to call before the end of November and the credit was made in January. Do i still have to do it this way? The new phone app doesn't seem to allow me to apply points against the overall balance.

Tony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the post regarding an annual statement credit:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Lounge/Rogersbank-Mastercard-Pay-with-Rewards-Eligib...

For the app, you may be able to simply use the points against a number of eligible purchases if you have enough of them to cover your current rewards balance.  I assume you'd do one at a time.  Since the app came out, I simply do the rewards credit once a month, assuming I have the minimum $20.

suew3026
I plan to stick around

I just called customer sevice and I think the information given in the reply you quoted of 27 June 2016 is now out of date. I was told that you can apply by phone to credit your total points against your balance anytime you like, not just by calling before 1st December. In fact the CSR did mine immediately. He also told me that I can do the same thing using the new app but I still cannot see a way of doing this. The app only seems to let you apply points against actual purchases. 

I prefer to do an annual credit against the total account so that my wife and i who have separate cards can split the credit according to our individual annual purchases.

Tony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad you got it done and thanks for the update on policy.  I just got an e-mail from Rogers MC today and they have lowered the rewards limit to $10 from $20.

Start enjoying more variety and flexibility with your cash back rewards. With redemptions now starting at just $10, you have even more choice - so there's no reason to wait!

webbia
I've been around

I tried to get "cash back rewards" and I keep getting message that "You need a minimum of $10 in cash back rewards to redeem". How do I aggregate several transactions to get over the $10 minimum? Thanks 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@webbia : You should not need to do anything because the rewards total is shown in the App and on the web and is already "totalling" all of your rewards "points".  If what you need is a minimum $10 purchase that qualifies to have the rewards redeemed against it, that is another matter, but shouldn't be hard to accomplish if you don't have it already.  I don't believe you can "aggregate."  You may simply have to wait until you have a large enough qualifying purchase.

Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 13 in conversation