cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Mastercard Running Total in Transactions

mattsycakes
I'm here a lot

Would it be possible to have a running total/balance on the transactions page to  easy see the balance when things are credited and payments are made. Right now it's confusing to know if a payment has been applied to the overall balance that's showing or not.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rogers Mastercard Running Total in Transactions

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. When I look at my transactions it shows any credits (payments, rebates, etc) as soon as they are officially received and these are reflected in the balance. This may be a day or two after the payment is made and is sometimes even "backdated".  For example, I make an electronic payment from my bank on November 23 and it doesn't show in my transactions until November 25, but it's backdated to November 23.

If I haven't understood your question properly, please elaborate or give example(s).

Edit - I think I see what you're asking for. The balance is on the current transactions (home/summary) page, but not on the "all transactions" page. I suggest you contact Rogers MC with your suggestion.  You can call or from your home/summary page select "I want to"  - Send/View Messages.

There's also an "Available Credit" line on the home/summary page which reflects any pending transactions.  You can subtract this amount from your credit limit on your card to calculate your current total balance instead of your statement balance.

Hi there. Sure np.

Right now the transactions page show 3 columns - the date, vendor and the amount either debit/credit. It would be handy to have a 4th column that shows the running balance for each transaction per line item as things are debited/credited. Personally this helps me understand if a previous payment made left a debit amount or not carried forward.

Right now I find it difficult to know this with how it's currently presented and would need to download all the previous transactions month over month to know what's going on.

i.e.

Date, Vendor, $ (Debit/Credit), Balance

Day 4, BestBuy, $200, $205

Day 3, Payment, -$100, $5

Day 2, Tim Hortons, $5, $105

Day 1,  Amazon, $100, $100 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, I see you want a line item balance.  I've added some additional information to my previous post in italics.  Not sure if that would help you though.  I rarely care what the status is on a particular (past) date, rather I usually am happy with the balance "today". 

What you request should be possible since many bank account and CC statements have this line item "balance" information. I just checked and see it on my TD bank account and Visa statements.  Send Rogers MC a note and see what they say.  You may wish to mention "line item balance" in your note.

Thanks for the tip. I'll forward this along as you suggest.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation